Discuss Delta Training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Spoke to XS training today and they are willing to take on any lads who have been affected.

David at XS has been very helpful and the likelihood is that any Delta learners would be able to carry over their registration .....

BUT.... XS Training's External Verifier (for C&G) has made it clear that the portfolios would need to be resubmitted in full, and from what David has seen of Delta's assessing, more evidence would need to be submitted for units that may have already been passed by Delta.

For now, it's just a matter of waiting to see what transpires at the creditors meeting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received an email from XS and it's not the best news. Chances are we will need to have more evidence for jobs that have already been signed off by delta plus they're asking for £550. That's a hell of a hit chaps especially since most of us have already shelled out and lost the best part if £800.
Not sure what to suggest but thought I'd update you on what I know.

I would suggest waiting for news from this assessor before committing to XS Training. That is a lot of money, considering you have already paid for the course before. XS Training might declare bankruptcy themselves once the December 31st deadline comes, because their company predominantly only provide these courses.

As someone has suggested, it would be great if we could club together to get a reduced deal.

I would also add that unless you can complete this coursework in a very short amount time, I would hesitate to signup again.

spoke to xs training last night

his advice was to wait and see what happeneds after a meeting at delta with creditors on the 7th of december as there could be someone buying delta meaning we could just carry on doing nvq hopefully

he also mentioned deltas verifiers standards are below xs training meaning you may need more info and pictures on each units

I signed up to xs training just before I found out about delta training. I have total confidence in them. They are very helpful and they seem to know what they are doing. As for saying don't sign up to them because they might go bust next is a load of rubbish. Nobody knows what sort of trouble delta were in. I'm not saying this because I have given good money for the courses because the company I work for payed for it. If everybody had this attitude then no one would get on in life.

**##*^% Delta training!!

I'm absolutely gutted.. I havnt received any email and my final payment is due out this Friday for my level 3... Although I'm only 20% done I have most of the evidence at hand and was going to get a chunk done over Xmas. I also paid for the level 3 exams alongside the NVQ so therefore I'm in a position now where I need to pay for something similar.. I've paid 850 quid up to now!!
If anyone gets any information or gets in touch with onefile and they suggest anything please post it!! Thanks guys!!:(

I'm guessing your already registered with C&G and onefile as you've done 20%, D.E.T will soon be likely going into liquidation, I'd hang onto your ££££ and try to finish the nvq with your assessor, if its tom.. he's trying to carry all the remaining lads over apparently, speak to him.

I'm guessing your already registered with C&G and onefile as you've done 20%, D.E.T will soon be likely going into liquidation, I'd hang onto your ££££ and try to finish the nvq with your assessor, if its tom.. he's trying to carry all the remaining lads over apparently, speak to him.

No it's a guy called tony hore. I found out today that they have moved premises and can obtain contact details so I'll try that and see where I get?!

No it's a guy called tony hore. I found out today that they have moved premises and can obtain contact details so I'll try that and see where I get?!

Hi Mitch,

Did you say D.E.T have moved premises? What contact details do you have?? Have you heard anything more? The comp lined up to liquidate said it was planned for mon 9th.

-----

I'll send tom a message later, he was very helpful and spent a fair amount of time talking me through completing it, and seems like a genuine chap who's trying to sort it out for remaining candidates.

If anyone wants to message me detail's I can include them in a message to him later and see if he can help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gutted! Tony and Martin were really nice guys and probably didn't deserve that happening. Gutted for EVERYONE who lost money too but maybe it's a small price to pay and learn a harsh lesson here that NOBODY is immune to going under, so keep your accounts receivables on a leash and guard yourselves at all times! I had a large company take me for 17K which nearly finished me off once, so again - be cautious! I recently did the 2394 in October and can't get hold of my exam results now as they all went to Delta. Spoke to C&G this morning and they said they can't help or even give me a pass / fail over the phone - I have to wait until either someone takes on Delta's client base or until they contact all the students themselves. Left hanging at the mo, fingers crossed : )

Gutted! Tony and Martin were really nice guys and probably didn't deserve that happening. Gutted for EVERYONE who lost money too but maybe it's a small price to pay and learn a harsh lesson here that NOBODY is immune to going under, so keep your accounts receivables on a leash and guard yourselves at all times! I had a large company take me for 17K which nearly finished me off once, so again - be cautious! I recently did the 2394 in October and can't get hold of my exam results now as they all went to Delta. Spoke to C&G this morning and they said they can't help or even give me a pass / fail over the phone - I have to wait until either someone takes on Delta's client base or until they contact all the students themselves. Left hanging at the mo, fingers crossed : )

I did the 2394/2395 with them in October too and haven't had any help off C&G. Let me know if you hear anything off anyone pls.

2394 results

I did the 2394/2395 with them in October too and haven't had any help off C&G. Let me know if you hear anything off anyone pls.

Will do mate, so I'm not the only one who hasn't got my result ion because of this then. Fingers crossed they just sent them out in the mail but will keep trying to find out where we stand. Tar pal. :D

Hi Mitch,

Did you say D.E.T have moved premises? What contact details do you have?? Have you heard anything more? The comp lined up to liquidate said it was planned for mon 9th.

-----

I'll send tom a message later, he was very helpful and spent a fair amount of time talking me through completing it, and seems like a genuine chap who's trying to sort it out for remaining candidates.

If anyone wants to message me detail's I can include them in a message to him later and see if he can help you.

They haven't moved premises it was the liquidators premises they were registered at! i rang them last friday and they were very helpful but unfortunately they couldn't help me.
The fact is i have lost all my money like most. The only option i can find is to ring nationwide or visa an request a charge back for the monthly payments i have been making. Delta haven't fulfilled their part of the deal and so visa have said i can try an claim back my money. i thought this only worked with credit cads but it works with debit cards also!

i have emailed city and guilds to try and get my candidate number as i never received any confirmation from Delta that i was registered on the course. I was then CC'd into an email to a northern@city and guilds address with the instruction to this person to look at my case. i get the feeling from this email that i am not the first to email them about Delta.
Hopefully we can get this sorted.

If anyone gets in touch with anyone from Delta like their assessors etc can they update on here. it would be handy if we could get an assessor to take us on and finish this shizzle! i dont want to plug money into another company in case the same happens again!

Reply to Delta Training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net