Search the forum,

Discuss Delta Training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm guessing your already registered with C&G and onefile as you've done 20%, D.E.T will soon be likely going into liquidation, I'd hang onto your ££££ and try to finish the nvq with your assessor, if its tom.. he's trying to carry all the remaining lads over apparently, speak to him.

I'm guessing your already registered with C&G and onefile as you've done 20%, D.E.T will soon be likely going into liquidation, I'd hang onto your ££££ and try to finish the nvq with your assessor, if its tom.. he's trying to carry all the remaining lads over apparently, speak to him.

No it's a guy called tony hore. I found out today that they have moved premises and can obtain contact details so I'll try that and see where I get?!

No it's a guy called tony hore. I found out today that they have moved premises and can obtain contact details so I'll try that and see where I get?!

Hi Mitch,

Did you say D.E.T have moved premises? What contact details do you have?? Have you heard anything more? The comp lined up to liquidate said it was planned for mon 9th.

-----

I'll send tom a message later, he was very helpful and spent a fair amount of time talking me through completing it, and seems like a genuine chap who's trying to sort it out for remaining candidates.

If anyone wants to message me detail's I can include them in a message to him later and see if he can help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gutted! Tony and Martin were really nice guys and probably didn't deserve that happening. Gutted for EVERYONE who lost money too but maybe it's a small price to pay and learn a harsh lesson here that NOBODY is immune to going under, so keep your accounts receivables on a leash and guard yourselves at all times! I had a large company take me for 17K which nearly finished me off once, so again - be cautious! I recently did the 2394 in October and can't get hold of my exam results now as they all went to Delta. Spoke to C&G this morning and they said they can't help or even give me a pass / fail over the phone - I have to wait until either someone takes on Delta's client base or until they contact all the students themselves. Left hanging at the mo, fingers crossed : )

Gutted! Tony and Martin were really nice guys and probably didn't deserve that happening. Gutted for EVERYONE who lost money too but maybe it's a small price to pay and learn a harsh lesson here that NOBODY is immune to going under, so keep your accounts receivables on a leash and guard yourselves at all times! I had a large company take me for 17K which nearly finished me off once, so again - be cautious! I recently did the 2394 in October and can't get hold of my exam results now as they all went to Delta. Spoke to C&G this morning and they said they can't help or even give me a pass / fail over the phone - I have to wait until either someone takes on Delta's client base or until they contact all the students themselves. Left hanging at the mo, fingers crossed : )

I did the 2394/2395 with them in October too and haven't had any help off C&G. Let me know if you hear anything off anyone pls.

2394 results

I did the 2394/2395 with them in October too and haven't had any help off C&G. Let me know if you hear anything off anyone pls.

Will do mate, so I'm not the only one who hasn't got my result ion because of this then. Fingers crossed they just sent them out in the mail but will keep trying to find out where we stand. Tar pal. :D

Hi Mitch,

Did you say D.E.T have moved premises? What contact details do you have?? Have you heard anything more? The comp lined up to liquidate said it was planned for mon 9th.

-----

I'll send tom a message later, he was very helpful and spent a fair amount of time talking me through completing it, and seems like a genuine chap who's trying to sort it out for remaining candidates.

If anyone wants to message me detail's I can include them in a message to him later and see if he can help you.

They haven't moved premises it was the liquidators premises they were registered at! i rang them last friday and they were very helpful but unfortunately they couldn't help me.
The fact is i have lost all my money like most. The only option i can find is to ring nationwide or visa an request a charge back for the monthly payments i have been making. Delta haven't fulfilled their part of the deal and so visa have said i can try an claim back my money. i thought this only worked with credit cads but it works with debit cards also!

i have emailed city and guilds to try and get my candidate number as i never received any confirmation from Delta that i was registered on the course. I was then CC'd into an email to a northern@city and guilds address with the instruction to this person to look at my case. i get the feeling from this email that i am not the first to email them about Delta.
Hopefully we can get this sorted.

If anyone gets in touch with anyone from Delta like their assessors etc can they update on here. it would be handy if we could get an assessor to take us on and finish this shizzle! i dont want to plug money into another company in case the same happens again!

Hi, i have been away and just come back to find out the shocking news about delta. I was wondering if anyone had any updates regarding the situation? I would be especially interested to hear from anyone who knows of these assessors who might be willing to help us finish the NVQ.

Cheers

Hey guys, i dont know if your all still interested in this topic but i have had a couple of developments today.

First of all i have had another letter today from the creditors, in which it does actually name Tony Hore as an acting chairman, and it also gives some contact info for the creditors.

Also it turns out i registered with delta electrical through a 3rd party who are still trading, i contacted the third party today to see where we all stand. They told me that we are all registered on the city and guilds course and so dont have to worry about registering before any deadline etc. They also told me that the best next step is to wait untill February as someone might buy out delta, and that if that happens then it will be buisiness as usual i.e no additional fees. However if no one does buy out delta then we will have to register with another provider such as XS where we will be able to complete the qualification although there will be a joining fee, if that is the case then they hope to get some concessions on the joining fee.

So basically i can finish the NVQ, but i have to wait and see if i will need to pay additional fees to do so.

Does anyone else have any information? In particular contact info for Tony Hore or any other assessors willing to help us complete the qualification?

Cheers

Hey guys, i dont know if your all still interested in this topic but i have had a couple of developments today.

First of all i have had another letter today from the creditors, in which it does actually name Tony Hore as an acting chairman, and it also gives some contact info for the creditors.

Also it turns out i registered with delta electrical through a 3rd party who are still trading, i contacted the third party today to see where we all stand. They told me that we are all registered on the city and guilds course and so dont have to worry about registering before any deadline etc. They also told me that the best next step is to wait untill February as someone might buy out delta, and that if that happens then it will be buisiness as usual i.e no additional fees. However if no one does buy out delta then we will have to register with another provider such as XS where we will be able to complete the qualification although there will be a joining fee, if that is the case then they hope to get some concessions on the joining fee.

So basically i can finish the NVQ, but i have to wait and see if i will need to pay additional fees to do so.

Does anyone else have any information? In particular contact info for Tony Hore or any other assessors willing to help us complete the qualification?

Cheers

Could you PM me the contact details for the creditors please. I have no info for them.
Cheers

I'm also in same position, actually I'm 99% finished and sent over my work on 9th December not realising what had happened. I've had no letters or emails or any contact letting me know the company is liquidated. I've also checked the companies house web site and nothing is logged on it about them being in liquidation (yet). Can anyone with any info please pm me? It would be great fully recieved. I just don't know where to turn to or start yet. Thanks in advance for any contact. My assessor was Martyn Isherwood Justuk68 :gunsmilie:

Last edited by a moderator:
Leonard Curtis are handling the liquidation I believe. Suzanne Treasure is handling the case. 01772646180

I haven't returned their paperwork or done anything really as I'm to busy with work. If it wasn't for the JIB I wouldn't bother with this ****y course

Thanks for the info, I'll get on it tommorrow. If anyone else can shine a light I would appreciate it.......

Like you Danzor if it wasn't for JIB then I wouldn't bother!!!

I spoke to liquidators today. I am now awaiting a response from 'Suzanne Treasure' who is dealing with this.............

Will update as and when.........

People, I today spoke to 'Suzanne Treasure' no direct advice as such.

She asked how I had paid (company credit card) and said that best route maybe to claim money back from the Card company and take the money to a different NVQ provider.

She said it may be possible for someone to buy the portfolio of customers from Delta and went onto say that all options were being considered. But data protection and the possibility of someone else buying Delta and then re charging existing customers again were a worry!

She didn't say 'best to move on'. But it was pretty clear that if you paid on a card and can recoup your money then it is probably the smart thing to do. Also the time frame could not be estimated on the Delta situation.

So, for me I'm going to attempt to get my money back from Credit Card Company and move to another NVQ provider. Can anyone advise on one????

Thanks All, good luck.

Yes you should backup your portfolio, up to you though if you take it to another onefile company they can work with it.

Me personally I'll prob go back to my local college, should of done in the first place really.

I spoke to David @ XS training on Tuesday; apparently if you've got an Award Registration Number from C&G the 31st December deadline didn't apply, which is handy. The price is normally £650 + VAT or £550 + VAT if you were already registered with Delta.
I sent the proof of debt form back to Leonard Curtis and spoke to Suzanne who said I could claim back from my card company if I forwarded on their letter, although my bank (HSBC) said I'd need to send them a letter spelling out in plain English that I could. TBH I found my bank pretty useless, although others may be able to get a better response from other banks or card providers.

I spoke to my old college yesterday, they quoted £1700 to do the course now. I wish I did it 10 years ago now when it was free for me!

I've received a pm from an accessor who's looking to help others out who were undertaking the NVQ with delta.

pm me and I'll pass on the details.

Wish I knew how to use this forum, but I don't. Just had to sign up to get the relevant information regarding delta. Danzor, how do I go about PM'ing you for the details of this assessor? Can't seem to find where that function is. Cheers.

I was sent this today from my accessor he use to work for delta training.

My name is Tom Harvey and I was an assessor with Delta, some of you should already know me as I was your assessor.

When Delta went bust I have been trying to get hold of everyone's details to see if I can help to get everyone through their NVQ for minimum cost. It has taken me this long to do it.

So this is just a quick email to see if you still want to complete. It will cost around the £350 mark to do it but I need to work out numbers before I land on a final figure. I have heard that other training providers are trying to charge ex Delta £1600 which is insane.

It will still be on onefile and I will be your assessor to get you through the NVQ. The company I have set up will not go bust, it just exists to get Delta Candidates through their NVQ at minimum costs

Got the same message. I'd like to do it bit can we put additional money towards someone who isn't trading as a company. He's always seemed a nice fella but I don't want to lose anymore money.

Rumour has it Delta actually claimed a lot of certificates for a lot of the candidates that were close to finishing.

I for one won't be dealing with anyone associated with Delta

Hi Guys,

I've only just found out about htis. I sat my 2395 back in November and was expecting results in the new year. I emailed three times then rang them before searching for news on them. As I've actually paid for and sat the exam surely i must be able to get my results. Does anyone know who i should contact at C&G?

Thanks in advance

Hi
I've received more details from Tom Harvey...
He seems to have setup a company called Nu Training
He has sent some details and an invoice for £350, to be paid by bank transfer should I proceed
He says there's no chance of the company going bust and the money will be ring fenced
Is anyone else taking up this option with Tom?

No! ..........
Any particular reason? Who do you intend to complete it with otherwise?

On a side note has anyone had any success in getting their money back? My bank say they need a letter from the liquidators but that Suzanne Treasure seems about as much use as a chocolate fireguard; I get the impression the liquidators want us to help them but when it comes to getting our money back we're at the bottom of the pile.

I haven't even bothered to fill in the form from the liquidator.

I have had my NVQ assessed by a 3rd party and picking up the cert tomorrow.

I will be glad to see the back of this nonsense course.

Reply to Delta Training in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net