Currently reading:
details of departures

Discuss details of departures in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

m1ck_b87

Hi all again

On a minor works certificate it asks for departures now does this refer to the whole installation or just the circuit you are working on.

We wired a cooker in so that applies to that circuit, no rcd departure.. Providing protective bonding in place readings good, do a mwc and note on cert where appropriate

For me the observation would be whether the cooker switch had a socket outlet or not? So if no socket on the CCU then
The rcd is only for cables installed <50mm into the wall and if you are just swapping the cooker then just check IR and Zs for the circuit and bonds to gas and water.

BIFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that one of the first regs, like 110 or something before they get into the nitty gritty of the trade...?

I see what you're saying though, you mean like equipotentail bonding in bathrooms that may be unnecessary now? Or, am i missing the point - probably lol.

Is that one of the first regs, like 110 or something before they get into the nitty gritty of the trade...?
120.3 and 120.4 state the intention of departures from BS7671 as indicated on the EIC, where due consideration has been given and the assessment of the safety of the installation is considered to be equal to or better than that required by BS7671, such as where new technology is available.

Reply to details of departures in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock