Discuss disconnection times for 100mA BS61008 on a tt system in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hodgey1972

Gents, tested a pub split load db today in the sticks.
before i commence any work,
am i right in stating anything over 0.1 on the 100mA side is a fail? did a test on the man 100mA and its disconnecting in 0.25
I've tested the sockets on the 30mA side and they are disconnecting correctly.
Pubs a doghole has had 20% done by someone jan 2015, ive already preempted the retailer stating not sure how obvious items (flexes draped up the garden for outside lights) haven't been picked up.

It needs to comply with the disconnection times in section 41.

The recommendation is that at 100% of the rated tripping current it should open in <300ms and if an S type <500ms

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to disconnection times for 100mA BS61008 on a tt system in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views
Hello all I have recently installed a sub main in 4mm 3-core SWA, approx length 45 metres, to feed a small garden office. Final circuits in the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys looking for some guidance ,i am assisting with the renovation of an old building that contains a commercial kitchen and restaurant the...
Replies
Views
Been to a job today, rewire Immersion cct to suit new cylinder pos. Did Zs got 12 ohm....looked a little closer... Immersion fed from b16 breaker...
Replies
Views
....TN-S appears outside, butt TT employed inside. Good Evening Everybody (This is my first post) Overview: The supply to my parent's cottage...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock