Discuss DNO aren't that bad in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Daveyboy

Went back to a property today to start the second fix on a rewire I'm doing. Noticed bitumin dripping from service head. Phoned DNO & only hour or so later came out. The head was full of it. Bloke said that it had been going for ages and it was creeping up the supply cable. It definately wasn't there when I was at the property previously. Why did the engineer who fitted the isolator 3 weeks ago not report it????
Oh well customer got a new service head.
Photo0242.jpgPhoto0241.jpgPhoto0244.jpg

Is that isolator wired the right way round?

I thought the tails from the meter went into the top of the isolator then out from the bottom to the CU.

Take it your dno is uk powere. BG and uk power have a massive problem with each other, no matter what BG report, unless it is an absolute dangerous situation, uk power dont come out for BG. Im 90% sure the engineer would have reprted it.

Another hurrah for a DNO, SP Energy Networks - they changed a metal clad head with fused neutral for me at 9pm on a Friday night, due to a deteriorating Ze reading. They even sent a digging team in case the supply cable had to be cut. They fitted an isolator too and said that they really shouldn't as the supply was with British Gas, and BG is one of the few suppliers who don't give permission to some of the DNOs to cut the meter seal!

The two guys from SP were brand new, good banter and they gave me some useful info too.

Reply to DNO aren't that bad in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all -- full disclosure I am a 'DIY-er' but wanted to post here for greater visibility seeing as I certainly won't be doing this work myself...
Replies
Views
Hello. Just a lowly homeowner here who is beginning to panic after a major house renovation regarding relocation of the main supply cable to the...
Replies
Views
So I am a fully qualified spark with my own company, however I also have a few properties I rent out. One of my tenants asked if they can have an...
Replies
Views
One of the oddest jobs I've ever had today. Called by a plumber I know who had attended after a leak through the kitchen ceiling from bathroom...
Replies
Views
Got an emergency call out from a very worried old lady the other night - the power at her apartment had gone off and the kitchen light was...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock