Discuss Do you post or email invoices? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

beermats are better.they fly like frisbies/straight to customer's wallet.

Mine also tells me when they've viewed it....I've caught a few customers out in the past when they say they haven't seen it or received it. I say "oh that's strange, I'll have to get onto the technical department of my invoicing software as it says you opened it on the xx/xx/xxxx at x o'clock" :D

I always ask the customer how they want it. If emailing i can send alerts in outlook that most people dont know how to disable so you get the receipt back.
Other times i have put the invoice in my cloud storage and sent a link via text message, you then know when its been opened.
As I try to keep things digital I am trying to set up the cloud system to be more efficient for my needs.
I like digital invoices as i can include a payment link so they pay on receipt. The small fee is usually worth the time saved having to otherwise manually update my accounting software.

what invoicing software are you guys using? I just have a word template which does me but I like the idea of being able to see when people have seen it! also is it compatible with a mobile app?

Mine also tells me when they've viewed it....I've caught a few customers out in the past when they say they haven't seen it or received it. I say "oh that's strange, I'll have to get onto the technical department of my invoicing software as it says you opened it on the xx/xx/xxxx at x o'clock" :D
LOL. What software are you using?

what invoicing software are you guys using? I just have a word template which does me but I like the idea of being able to see when people have seen it! also is it compatible with a mobile app?
I use quickbooks. it does the accounting and book keeping for me, links into my bank account and i can use it to quote/estimate, mark it as accepted, then once done issue the invoice and receive payment via the software, list it as bacs, cash etc eitherway when it hits the bank account, the software recognises it and adjusts all the accounts automatically. find it straightforward to use

For mobile invoicing and if you have an iPhone then look at Albert invoicing it's free, tells you when the invoice has been viewed, easy to use and the invoices look professional. And as above quick book pro let's you do all the above plus more.

Reply to Do you post or email invoices? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net