Search the forum,

Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I don't think any electrician irrespective of country would leave a junction box or whatever open and dangerous, I suspect it's ANO at work, inquisitive kids or adults all the same

I don't think there is any such thing as an electrician in India, just lots of jobbers doing lots of different work, if you have ever been to India then you would know how it works, the India people are very resourceful and can turn their hand to anything they wish, watching some of these imaginative people making do with what is to hand is an education in itself.

I don't think there is any such thing as an electrician in India, just lots of jobbers doing lots of different work, if you have ever been to India then you would know how it works, the India people are very resourceful and can turn their hand to anything they wish, watching some of these imaginative people making do with what is to hand is an education in itself.

I wonder how many kids suffer an electric shock in India every year.

The weekly dunce award....
Called out because Roller Shutter door stuck and will not close.
The unit's lid is a bit badly fitted....
IMG_4511.jpg

to say the least...

IMG_4512.jpg

Why…. How?… eh?

3 rcbo’s sitting in the bottom of board, connected with fly lead but no space on busbar.

Insulated screwdriver? I bet he’s borrowed that just to do the board.

And how does he get the cover back on?

The mainswitch is taking the “MK lean” far too seriously.

My point about the cover was that there is a t&e just leaving the open front. Not be able to replace the cover without cutting a little slot….

Not sticking up for shoddy workmanship, but that doesn't look like a finished job to me. Is there more to the story?

I can't blame a fellow spark for this but some of the previous work was dubious to say the least.

I got a call to a pub that had previous evidence of a rat invasion and they had chewed through the cable supplying the outside lights under the floor space in the first floor.

Yesterday whenever the hand dryer was switch on it tripped the RCD. IR test showed a short on all three wires. Followed it back from the gents roof space above to discover this. Ehmmm nice wires says Mr Rat! My understanding is that vermin will chew through anything that blocks their path, rather than the thought that they are simply sharpening their teeth. The hand dryer was spurred off the lighting circuit for the toilets, neither the cable or the breaker were spec'd high enough to handle the power of the dryer anyway.

At first it wasn't really obvious that the chewing had happened until you pulled the wires back through the hole in the wall. What gave it away was the black marks all over the cable that something had been passing back and forth. The hole leads back under the living room floor for the accommodation above the pub. So I by passed the dodgy part of the cable back to the CU with a temporary cable, until the laminated floor can be lifted next week to see what lies beneath? My Jack Russell is coming with me next week just in case!!

Even better still, who saw the need for the wedge to hold the door open :nonod:

Not electrical but not sure how somebody managed this with a giant placard above it…

View attachment 110144
FFS !
It took me a while to work out just what I was looking at. But once I'd worked that out, that's shocking workmanship on an aircraft. And the reason for the specific notice ? I'd guess they've had incidents in the past when a control cable has become slack and got caught round the clamp bolt - not something that's going to make life boring for those on board.

But then, I've read/heard of worse maintenance issues in aviation.

Was asked to fit this new consumer unit in a static mobile home, bought from Fleabay.
I refused.
View attachment 110199
Tests carried out on these units on behalf of Leicestershire Trading Standards revealed safety concerns. The Residual Current Device melted rather than cutting power, some of the Miniature Circuit Breakers failed to trip, and parts of the circuit remained live even with the main power switch turned off.

FFS !
It took me a while to work out just what I was looking at. But once I'd worked that out, that's shocking workmanship on an aircraft. And the reason for the specific notice ? I'd guess they've had incidents in the past when a control cable has become slack and got caught round the clamp bolt - not something that's going to make life boring for those on board.

But then, I've read/heard of worse maintenance issues in aviation.
Yeah if the bolt for the band clamp is sticking up then when the aircraft is flying and you get slack in the cable then it can chafe on the bolt.

But yeah I’ve seen much worse people using the wrong grease on the landing gear so risk of fire as temp rating isn’t enough for the brakes. Another one somebody had crimped the socket end of crimp then shoved the end that is meant to be crimped into the connector

And this one from not to long ago where the main cable from the engine generator had been run on finger tight on phase A so it got so hot it melted out the lug

PXL_20230107_195431969_Original.jpeg

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back