Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thought this was nice, sub main to a dwelling

Attachments

• IMG_0984.JPG
    736.9 KB · Views: 91
I would be more worried about being invited to a place with that bottle of 'Superlube' in the foreground 🤣
Been there before have you
Typical farm install.

Just to replace a socket.

First time I’ve walked away from a job. I’m not touching it until they agree to some upgrading.

View attachment 105413

(New image size limit on uploads?)
Just needs a wire brushing and maybe a lick of paint :)

Got a phone call the other day. I’d repaired a cable which I think I posted in this thread a while back. It was next to a gas boiler and had exposed copper.

Anyway they had a plumber out as the boiler needed replacing.

Said plumber told the tenants that the repair was dangerous as it should be in a junction box. 🤔 So they rang the landlord who then rang me. Spoke to landlord and said I’d go and take a look but can guarantee it wasn’t a dangerous repair.

Photo attached of the repair I did.

Each conductor individually crimped, the cable is double heat shrink covered. And it was clipped back, I just pulled it forward to check it (and get a pic) and clipped it back again.

Can anyone explain what’s dangerous as I’m at a loss? 🤷🏼‍♂️

I did tell the plumber to stick to pipes and leave the magic to me. 😂

F8614D11-A815-4296-961F-DAA1A16C4D76.jpeg

Got a phone call the other day. I’d repaired a cable which I think I posted in this thread a while back. It was next to a gas boiler and had exposed copper.

Anyway they had a plumber out as the boiler needed replacing.

Said plumber told the tenants that the repair was dangerous as it should be in a junction box. 🤔 So they rang the landlord who then rang me. Spoke to landlord and said I’d go and take a look but can guarantee it wasn’t a dangerous repair.

Photo attached of the repair I did.

Each conductor individually crimped, the cable is double heat shrink covered. And it was clipped back, I just pulled it forward to check it (and get a pic) and clipped it back again.

Can anyone explain what’s dangerous as I’m at a loss? 🤷🏼‍♂️

I did tell the plumber to stick to pipes and leave the magic to me. 😂

View attachment 105480

He's probably assumed it's just been twisted together and taped/sleeved. I suppose it's good to be on the safe side. As long as he listens to you and updates his awareness then all is OK I suppose.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock