Currently reading:
Doing things correctly!

Discuss Doing things correctly! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

davey1984

Hi im new to this game as you will probably tell but i am also not one of these fly by night just done a weeks course i can now do everything guy. Basicaly my experiance so far is 100% mains electric supply as i work for a energy supplier installing single phase and 3 phase electric meters. my current knowledge extends to basicly being able to rewire everything from the electric meter to the consumer unit with little knowledge beyond the consumer unit. What i am interested in is up skilling to become able to perform consumer unit upgrades as with my line of work i see 10-15 customers houses everyday and you can gaurentee at least 5 will ask me how much to upgrade this and that so i thought why dont i upskill gain the correct qualifications and create my own company to capitalise on this. Now i could attend one of these week long courses you see advertised on the internet but im a firm believer in if your going to do a job do it right first time round so who better to ask than qualified electricans any help would be appreciated were i start , which course i need ect ect.

look i think i may have getting off on the wrong foot with 1 or 2 of you just to end all the ****e sorry if you feel i have offended you.

You haven't offended me, or I'm guessing anyone else. All we want is a decent install that will be safe for anyone using it.

I'm all for teaching people (I push for my company to take on apprentices every year)

What I don't want, and the same with many others is people without the knowledge of how to do things properly attempting to install things without proper supervision whilst learning.

Davey194 - Buy and read The Part P Doctor book by Alan Lynch. It's on the Elecsa website. Ignore the 'part three bit' that's misleading - it's just the third edition.

That will give you a good head start.Read and read again. Very well written for the beginner who wants to take it seriously.

It’s very interesting that we have the Lofty removed today and now we have Davey registering today, maybe coincidence, but not sure, judging by some posts, it seems that he already had a bad experience on this site,where you couldn’t get that feeling in the first day………never mind ……just wonder…

It’s very interesting that we have the Lofty removed today and now we have Davey registering today, maybe coincidence, but not sure, judging by some posts, it seems that he already had a bad experience on this site,where you couldn’t get that feeling in the first day………never mind ……just wonder…
Davey ain't Lofty mate, Lofty, like most, wouldn't know aything about Gateshead.

Reply to Doing things correctly! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back