Discuss Domestic Installer Assessment in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

loulew

-
Reaction score
So i had my domestic installer assessment yesterday, a fair few weeks earlier than expected as there was a cancellation. So it has been a mad rush to get the job ready. Ended up working until half 11 the night before to get everything done.

I was very nervous, but I passed, feeling over the moon still and quite relieved. This forum has been a massive help and increased my understanding of the trade and can't wait to learn more, work hard to eventually become an approved contractor and one day hopefully be able to give some advice on here to those looking for it.

Well done and welcome to the trade

What scheme did you join? I am led to believe Elecsa/Niceic are quite relaxed with those joining the schemes for the first time and Stroma much stricter...

Its always a learning experience this industry and you will never know it all, the best advice i have ever been given is to always ask if you are in doubt... stick with that and you can't go too far wrong...

Thanks everyone. I went with the niceic. I know that a lot of people don't agree with them or the schemes in general. But I found them to be really helpful, the assessor was very helpful and encouraging, giving me tips and advice throughout, but still not going too easy on me. Like you say, it was the first one so they might have been more relaxed.

Reply to Domestic Installer Assessment in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have been working as an electrician under an NICEIC Approved Contractor for the past 10 years. I have my C&G2365 level 1/2/3 (acquired before...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking to change my career and become a domestic electrical engineer / installer. I do have some related experiences and...
Replies
Views
As the title says. I'm really battling with figuring out the best route to electrical training (College level 2/3 v's DI), and to be honest - even...
Replies
Views
About me. Fastidious about wiring. Degree in Mechanical Engineering, extremely good spanner monkey (rebuilt engines, gear boxes). BUT I know my...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys/Girls For a bit of background i completed my Level 3 in requirements for electrical installation (BS7671) many years ago and was 17th...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock