Discuss Door entry alert/ door contacts in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Morning All

Fitted for a customer a while back a door entry alert with laser beam detection.

Cost well over £100, but has now failed.

Not an off the shelf item at wholesaler so bit of a pain to take back/ spare parts etc.

Want to replace with a lower cost option, that would be easy to maintain in future.

Ideally a door bell and transformer linked to a door contact?

Never used door contacts before, could someone please advise me wether this is possible and what sort I might need.

Thanks for your help

Sy

intruder alarm contacts are N/O. i.e they are closed when the door is closed. a 12V PSU with a relay in it could be used to activate a sounder.

Door contacts can only handle 124mA max, and will easily burn out. When you state there was a laser beam detector, do you mean a break beam, broken when a person walks past..? I presume you wish to alarm a door, and control it by a keyswitch or panel.

Door contacts can only handle 124mA max, and will easily burn out. When you state there was a laser beam detector, do you mean a break beam, broken when a person walks past..? I presume you wish to alarm a door, and control it by a keyswitch or panel.

Thats it break beam....

Don't want an alarm as such, but when someone opens the showroom door and they're out the back it rings.

Something really simple if poss.

Thanks Sy

Ok there are two problems here as i stated door switch cant handle much current, and if the door is left open the buzzer or bell will continue to sound until its shut again.......A monostable timer will sort out both problems, door contact can be wired into 1mA input, and you can adjust the timer to stop after say 4 secs. Once door is shut it will reset ready to go off for 4 secs again if the door is opened. Will work off batteries, psu or plug in psu
Pcbkit available from many places but Maplin maybe quick to find in the high street. Hope this helps. 555 Monostable Switch Kit | Maplin

You will need to find n/o door contacts, they are available from nurse call outlats

Yep the laser beam made me chuckle... too many bank heist films I fear you have watched... the are usually IR or standard light emitters and reflectors or collectors.

if theplace has an intruder alarm, you could put the door on chime.

Reply to Door entry alert/ door contacts in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock