Discuss Dose This Power Supply Consume 500w for a short RGB LED Strip ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Zitno

-
Reaction score
hello everyone ^^
so I bought 1m RGB LED Strip with a power supply to use for my fish tank as you can see
35834402_2044878739173399_7196627418558234624_n.jpg 35642798_2044878485840091_8829447888552591360_n.jpg
& the information on the power supply is :

Input voltage 110v / 220v 50 60Hz
Work temperature -55 -+ 110 C
Max Power : 250w / 500w
1p raiting 1P68

so my question is dose it really consume 250w just for a 1m RGB LED Strip ?

as you can see here it's not a big strip or anything

35634028_2044884669172806_4223881820564881408_n.jpg

The power supply will be universal - it can be used for other products which may have a bigger power consumption than your 1m LED strip.
500w is the maximum it can produce at 220v
250w is the maximum it can produce at 110v

Different countries, different voltages.

It will consume a tiny amount of power if it is plugged in, but the LED is off. I'm talking so tiny hardly worth worrying about.

The power supply will be universal - it can be used for other products which may have a bigger power consumption than your 1m LED strip.
500w is the maximum it can produce at 220v
250w is the maximum it can produce at 110v

Different countries, different voltages.

It will consume a tiny amount of power if it is plugged in, but the LED is off. I'm talking so tiny hardly worth worrying about.

thank you ^^ you answered my question ^^
now I don't have to worry about 1m LED Strip to consume 500W :D ^^

I can't tell what strip you have there but its usually around 14w per meter if it's RGB, so it's goint to be somewhere in that region of 10-20w. I would advise adding a fuse to the circuit, as the output current of the transformer could potetially be over 20A depending on the exact spec. This could start a fire in the event of a shirt circuit.

Reply to Dose This Power Supply Consume 500w for a short RGB LED Strip ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net