Currently reading:
downlight switching??

Discuss downlight switching?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

markbaldwin

hi peeps, im installing 12 downlights in a kitchen, im ok with the wiring of the down lights, but im having trouble working out how to wire from the downlight to the switch!! im running 2circuits, do i need 3core+cpc or 4core please help somone!!

all i,m saying is , if the o/p is installing some simple lighting he /she should know the simple basics
if i were a customer,i wouldn,t expect a boy to arrive at my house ,not knowing how to do the simpest work! its a recipie for disaster

Yep, kitchen is a Part P Special Location so a new lighting circuit is notifiable. If you aren't on a scheme, you need to notify your Building Control before you get started. As for your lighting circuit, you need to start from the beginning. What's the load? What correction factors for installation method? Once you've done your calcs, you'll know what size conductor and what rating you need for your switch/switches. Will your junctions be accessible for initial verification and IR in the future? There may be some parts that need to be MF connections. I'm surprised a trainee would say "I've got a kitchen, 12 downlighters and a switch and a load of 1mm, how do I wire it all together?"

Reply to downlight switching?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock