Currently reading:
Dual colour warning labels

Discuss Dual colour warning labels in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

So do you stick them on CU? Are they necessary? Are they a waste of time and materials.

Cards on the table - I think we should boycott them completely!

On one assessment, I got a ticking off for not putting a "230V" warning label on a Wiska Box feeding some SWA. So I said to the guy, shouldn't I be putting them on all the sockets/FCU's/inspection boxes/light switches and any other bit of kit that some numpty might decide to remove the cover from and stick his mitts in then? He just smiled....

Well, not for the mixed colours label it doesn't actually, but the regs for the RCD label and inspection date label state "in characters not smaller than those illustrated" then specify the wording.

514.12.1 and 514.12.2
It is odd the two colour one has no size requirements, maybe the printers think they do which is why generally they are so bloody big.

So you fit a nice sleek looking white CU on show in someones hallway and then cover it with horrible labels, personally I haven't put any on my own CU and wouldn't expect a customer to also if on view. I have considered getting some made up on magnetic backing. Personally I discuss with the customer and then write up as a departure if they are adamant they don't want them.

On the inside of the door over the breakers?
The warning re colours coukd even be on the inside of the CU front cover. Its only relevant if they take the cover off.

So you fit a nice sleek looking white CU on show in someones hallway and then cover it with horrible labels, personally I haven't put any on my own CU and wouldn't expect a customer to also if on view. I have considered getting some made up on magnetic backing. Personally I discuss with the customer and then write up as a departure if they are adamant they don't want them.

One good thing about AMD3 is that opaque or clear plastic lids can no longer be used, which has the upshot of being able to hide the labels inside the cover. I normally only put the RCD label and the cct schedule on the outside and visible. The latter primarily because it has my details on it and I have received calls/work due to it.

Reply to Dual colour warning labels in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock