Discuss Dual fuel oven 5kw what cable size? in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
The customer has suggested from a previous electrician that the oven requires a new circuit installed . Upon viewing the instructions it is stated that the total power consumption is 5kw and cable size should be 2.5mm .

The customer has a kitchen ring main with a previous fuse spur for a cooker socket .

Would this require a dedicated circuit as I believe you could use the existing socket

Oven is : Beko kdvf100k

Thanks

The customer has suggested from a previous electrician that the oven requires a new circuit installed . Upon viewing the instructions it is stated that the total power consumption is 5kw and cable size should be 2.5mm .

The customer has a kitchen ring main with a previous fuse spur for a cooker socket .

Would this require a dedicated circuit as I believe you could use the existing socket

Oven is : Beko kdvf100k

Thanks
It can't be put on a 'ring main', and I suspect you don't mean a fused spur, (as in FCU) as that would be for a circuit 13A (or less).
The spec for the model you quote says 7.6kW, so perhaps a misunderstanding on my part, or by Bootskitchenappliances, from whence the clip below comes!
2.5mm might be a possible size for a multi-phase/multicore flex between the cooker and the connection unit, but surely not for the t&e supply cable.

IMG_0180.jpeg

Last edited:
It can't be put on a 'ring main', and I suspect you don't mean a fused spur, (as in FCU) as that would be for a circuit 13A (or less).
The spec for the model you quote says 7.6kW, so perhaps a misunderstanding on my part, or by Bootskitchenappliances, from whence the clip below comes!
2.5mm might be a possible size for a multi-phase/multicore flex between the cooker and the connection unit, but surely not for the t&e supply cable.

View attachment 109117
Exactly I was wondering if the installation specs are incorrect after searching the model number for the oven . In that case it should be. 4 or 6mm cable on a dedicated circuit with 32a Mcb thanks

Exactly I was wondering if the installation specs are incorrect after searching the model number for the oven . In that case it should be. 4 or 6mm cable on a dedicated circuit with 32a Mcb thanks
I think they have muddles up gas /electric in the specs.

It looks like gas does most of the stuff and says total load is only, 21000w.

I'm assuming the join to the ring is being done in a cooker switch ? And fed to a single socket ?.

As above. Mea Culpa. So much for Boots website info. I should have looked for the manual!

But now I've found it, the figures agree with the 5kW and 2.5mm cable.
There is a grill, described as 1.6kW, and two ovens, but no details of the consumption of the ovens in the manual!
The summary spec. says:
IMG_0181.jpeg
It looks like gas does most of the stuff and says total load is only, 21000w.
The gas does all the hob, but where did you find the 2.1kW info? There are two ovens and a grill, and all I found was the 5kW figure 🤔
correction 21kW??

Last edited:
As above. Mea Culpa. So much for Boots website info. I should have looked for the manual!

But now I've found it, the figures agree with the 5kW and 2.5mm cable.
There is a grill, described as 1.6kW, and two ovens, but no details of the consumption of the ovens in the manual!
The summary spec. says:
View attachment 109125

The gas does all the hob, but where did you find the 2.1kW info? There are two ovens and a grill, and all I found was the 5kW figure 🤔
correction 21kW??
I can't remember some Chinese spec sheet online, which said, 2.1kw maybe that was for the oven.

2.5mm should be adequate. switch on and see if the cable gets warm. simple methods overrule technology and always will.

Reply to Dual fuel oven 5kw what cable size? in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net