Discuss earth stakes for seperate buildings in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

RJS Contracts

Have been asked to quote for a supply out to a small garden room and then on to a greenhouse. Obviously am going to put small consumer unit in garden room to supply sockets but do I need another one in the greenhouse and as these are 2 separate buildings from the house do they need separate earth stakes or can I used a cpc from the house.

Well ok as it is to export TN-C-S, in this instance I would convert both buildings to TT systems with a small CU in each.

WHY??...as long as there are no other services in the buildings which would neccessitate running a separate main bond back to the MET just what is the point in not using a cpc from the TNCS house and making extra work adding earth stakes??.....Do you individually stake external lights and sockets etc fed from the TNCS supply??

Look, I'm more than fuilly conversant of all the requirements regarding exporting PME. We dont know enough about the OP's set up to make a final judgement in this instance it's all if's but's and maybe's.

Distances, sizes, overhead/underground, demands, services, steel framed greenhouse???? sub-main off a sub-main etc etc.

Circuit was going to be fused down off ring main, run along garden fence about 10m in 2.5mm 3 core swa.

1 double skt in garden room and 1 double socket in greenhouse.

Greenhouse is steel framed!

Ok..apologies...perhaps a little hasty....agree if steel framed it would likely be better to TT rather than run a main bond back to the MET. But in the case of no bonding required I'd leave it as a tncs and save time and money not having to run stakes out.....Lenny did point out that TNCS could be used ,but there seems to be a constant stream of threads on here insisting that anything outside the zone has to be staked.

Reply to earth stakes for seperate buildings in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net