Discuss earthing panel frames on an off grid system in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

andy teal

Hi, I'm looking for advise on earthing my off grid installation.

The installation is as follows:
12x 170w 35v vmp 44v voc. Connected as 6 strings at 340w each.
Midnite solar combiner box containing circuit breakers for each string.
Outback fm80 80amp mppt charge controller.
24volt bank of 2volt traction cells.
Outback inverter charger.

The panels will be installed on an angled box profile shed roof approx 2.5m from the ground with all the electrics in the shed.

My question is do I earth each panel to the earth bus bar in the combiner box or do I take each one direct to an earth rod? What size cable would people recommend and best way off securing to the aluminium frame of the panels? Should I also earth the roof?

Thanks andy.

Reply to earthing panel frames on an off grid system in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I spend a lot of time renovating vintage broadcast radios, military radio and test equipment. At present adding panels to our off grid...
Replies
Views
Hi all, total newbie to the forum. I sincerely hope that those in the know-how would be able to assist me. On my semi-detached house we have an...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I live well off grid in Wales and am presently renovating a small property. As part of that renovation I have had a full off grid...
Replies
Views
Dear Friends, I hope i will find some solution with you. I have installed a system with Goodwe inverter GW10k-ET, hybrid it has 9.3 kwp modules...
Replies
Views
I'll set the scene. I'm not an electrician, I have no relevant qualifications but I do have experience with Solar PV (loosely) having had a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock