Discuss Easycert or NICEIC software in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
ANyone used or have experience of both?
The NICEIC software seems about £80+VAT more expensive than the Easycert.... Not sure if I will save this amount in twelve months on being able to print on plain paper.
I used Eastcert a few years ago and was happy, but is the extra warranted?

How does the annual fee and back-up of each compare?

im a fan of easy cert...!

used it since 2010 and renew every year for the upgrades and amendments...! i also contribute to the developer any good points and possible improvements..

sod the NIC stuff...!

Try PIRform, its £69.00 per year and nice and easy to use (and if you're Elecsa buy the standard version, so if you swap schemes you can change the logo)

These guys also respond to comments/requests from users too.

As above, keep your hard earned money away from the schemes.

Last edited by a moderator:
ANyone used or have experience of both?
The NICEIC software seems about £80+VAT more expensive than the Easycert.... Not sure if I will save this amount in twelve months on being able to print on plain paper.
I used Eastcert a few years ago and was happy, but is the extra warranted?

How does the annual fee and back-up of each compare?

I tried the NICEIC sofware demo but decided to stick with Easycert.

Also think of all those extra printer cartridges you will have to buy printing out certificates on plain paper with NICEIC software !

Try PIRform, its £69.00 per year and nice and easy to use (and if you're Elecsa buy the standard version, so if you swap schemes you can change the logo)

These guys also respond to comments/requests from users too.

As above, keep your hard earned money away from the schemes.

I've just tried PIR form as we thought it might be cheaper than castline......

What a complete load of tosh... Maybe I shouldn't expect allot for £70.

I accidentally put the wrong number on a cert.... Now I've got to type it out (which takes 10 times longer than writing it out) again!!!! :banghead: So it'll be going on Castline!!!!!

Castline (even the free version) helps you but PIR form just seems to hinder you at every step..... another £70 my boss has wasted lol

Last edited:
I've just tried PIR form as we thought it might be cheaper than castline......

What a complete load of tosh... Maybe I shouldn't expect allot for £70.

I accidentally put the wrong number on a cert.... Now I've got to type it out (which takes 10 times longer than writing it out) again!!!! :banghead: So it'll be going on Castline!!!!!

Castline (even the free version) helps you but PIR form just seems to hinder you at every step..... another £70 my boss has wasted lol

I stand corrected my colleague says there is a way to change cert number...

Easy Cert for sure have tried lots of software but easycert beats them all.Easy to use and alter things if you get them wrong.Good support from them as well.

I use easycert, Very user friendly, excellent support usually replying to my emails within the hour, I do test certs on my iPad onsite, there ready straight away to either print out or email directly from the iPad. Can't fault it..

Just looked at the NIC software.... It's made by the dreaded Click software :sick:

We had major problems with them cold calling... Tried reporting to TPS but because were ACs and they have a relationship with the NIC TPS wouldn't do FA.

Think just ended up being really rude telling them to go forth and multiply

Software will keep working, but you won't get any updates that are released or any customer support if you need it

cheers just downloaded demo day before i saw this thread,seems pritty good and there all niceic format which im used to!
just seems a shame to bin all the cert i already have!

Reply to Easycert or NICEIC software in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net