Discuss EasyCert Professional and PIRform for EICR's in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

GaryM

Has anybody used both EasyCert Professional and PIRform and are able to give a non-biased opinion on which suits you better?

I currently use EasyCert Professional and it's been great but today I've used the EICR for the first time.
The premises is a commercial unit and EasyCert have two EICR's - one for domestic and one for industrial.
Looking at the industrial I find the Inspection Schedule is over complex, adding in extra items that aren't present in BS7671. The domestic version resembles BS7671 more closely but has the word 'Domestic' printed on the top which I just can't find acceptable when the premises is commercial. Also it lacks the option for selecting the type of premises as it assumes it's going to be domestic.
It's almost like I want there to be a happy medium between the domestic and industrial reports which makes me wonder how PIRform is.

I use PIRform & there is no difference between dom/com/ind on the EICR form, just a tick box on page 1 to distinguish between them. Also you can include or omit various sections on the sched. of inspections such as distribution circuits & special locations as you require.
I haven't used any other cert software so cant really compare but PIRform does everything i require without any problems so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.
If anybody wants to see what I'm talking about with regards to the extra items on the inspection schedule then let me know and I'll send you a pdf of a blank report.

I also use PIR form and like it very much.

I use easypat and rate that highly too.

When I bought easy pat I trialled easy cert and didnt like it, hence I bought PIR form.

PIR form has a few oddities that take a little while to get used to, but as said I rate it highly, also I like their customer support!

Hi Gary,
Iv had a look over the easycert certs you sent & agree about the differences it seems that they have added the example sections from page 403 of the BGB dispersed throughout the schedule whereas the PIRform version is all contained at the end. This is good as you can select to omit various sections as you require ie commercial premise with no bath or shower then you can omit the special locations section altogether. Is there no similar option with easycert ?
Graeme

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, what you see is what you can. Can't be customised.
I like the look of the PIRform EICR you sent. May look at getting a trial use of the software nearer the time when my EasyCert licence is due for renewal.

Reply to EasyCert Professional and PIRform for EICR's in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net