Discuss ebay van trouble in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Had a few problems with eBay myself recently when selling things. So just don't use it now. I have found Gumtree very good for selling on, also CEX for electronic goods is reasonable, don't get quite as much from them but no hassle and you can always refuse there offer if you don't like it.

I'm always wary of E-bay cos it's an age thing (I think) us oldies don't entirely trust computers & things BUT .....

< --------------- THIS came from E-bay and it perfect!!! :)

the the OP- your problems started when you gave the guy a discount.i think you now realise this! it seems to me that you were more than honest with the description and the buyer shouldn't expect a fault free drive.for all you know, he could have hit a pot hole on the test drive and put the alignment out... you said yourself you hadn't noticed it prior.
I don't think you will be hearing from the guy again. He thinks you are an easy target, but just stand firm and let him say what he wants. If he leaves you negative feedback, so what. 1 bad comment when the rest are perfect won't matter to 99.9 % of the people that buy from you again. I was the same as you and had perfect feedback for yearsss, then 1 dick ruined that. I was raging because it wasn't justified, but it hasn't stopped me selling anything since. Do YOU only buy fro people on ebay that have100% positive feedback? Thought not! Like I said, it really doesn't matter to most.

Last edited by a moderator:
cheers Dan, still not heard anything back from him 36 hours after he first made contact and 24 hrs after I replied.
I suspect your right that he saw me as an easy target.
Got the whole ECU record thing stated above as a back up now if I hear any more.

Agree with Dan86. People will see the rest of your feedback is good so don't worry.

I've sold over 1400 things on ebay and only ever had one negative feedback. The guy reckoned the item was faulty. It was actually brand new, but ebayer always favours the buyer and so forced me to refund him. He returned the item, which I resold (although as 'used' now obviously) for a lesser amount. I got good feedback from the second buyer. Doh!

Interestingly, the buyer has set his feedback set as 'private' - draw your own conclusions.

The trouble with ebay is that you can't leave negative feedback for a buyer in this situation.

Check the guy's own feedback on ebay (both given and received) - has he done this sort of thing before?

Daz

cheers Dan, still not heard anything back from him 36 hours after he first made contact and 24 hrs after I replied.
I suspect your right that he saw me as an easy target.
Got the whole ECU record thing stated above as a back up now if I hear any more.

Tell him to go find another mug to screw over.

there's always 1 will try it,I remember my son buying a car some years back from one of our asian cousins,he wanted 2 grand for it,said it was excellent condition etc giving it the usual large bit.Anyway I went to look at it and put my best "fords" overalls on,took it for a test drive then gave him a long list of faults with it,all minimal but he didn't know that,it all started because the car was painted in a pearlescent finish,you know the stuff that looks one colour from one direction but different from another?well anyway there was a scratch round the drivers door lock and this clown was saying it was only a fiver to repair it! So I thought right "open season",the student is about to meet the master,anyway by the time I'd finished I offered him 1250 and he was begging me to take it away.As they say you can't kid a kidder,

Hopefully you only contacted the pikey sorry buyer through e bay messaging if you did and you do receive bad feedback contact ebay and inform them what's happened they will under certain circumstances remove bad feedback. A similar thing happened to my daughter and ebay were very helpful and sorted everything even threatening to ban the buyer from ebay.

I wish to make an apology as I may have given some misleading information. After receiving the Thanks and Likes (Thank you all) I re-read my post. The ECU probably won't record Time and Date but will record mileage at which fault occurred. Sorry for any confusion. Steve.

we all make mistakes, as the hedgehog said, climbing off the bog brush.

Reply to ebay van trouble in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net