Discuss EICR cables behind gas pipe. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

Came across this yesterday on an EICR. Cables and pipe were boxed in with MDF which, when removed, revealed some quite untidy cabling (although the cables all seemed secure enough when tugged) which also passed behind the horizontal gas pipe. I can't find the relevant reg number, but it is it deserving of an observation that the cables are threaded behind the pipe?

Thanks.
Gas pipe.jpeg

I must admit to being a little perplexed by these questions.
Without wishing to seem unkind, anyone who is carrying out inspection and testing should have a sound knowledge and expertise relevant to the nature of the installation being inspected and tested, and of BS7671, and other relevant technical standards. The answers to these questions should be immediately obvious. Even if you don't know the exact regulation, you should have to hand, and be able to locate the relevant regulations.

Another bloody rats nest of twin and earth lashed with with no care on a relatively new looking installation...they couldn’t even be bothered to trim and dress the tails to a neat looking lengthy :(

As far as gas pipes are concerned I’m sure is 25mm so in real life situ so long as they aren’t touching

Reply to EICR cables behind gas pipe. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm following a spark who used an existing Panel Heater circuit, for new gas boiler circuit 6 months ago. The panel heaters were removed, so it's...
Replies
Views
Doing a lot of EICRs at the moment and have came across what I'm sure is a common enough problem. In an off grid rural cottage I have a TT system...
Replies
Views
I had the first EICR done on my flat last week, which failed with some C2s for having an older (2001) plastic consumer unit with no RCDs, but...
Replies
Views
I'm having a bit of a disaster at the minute and would like an honest opinion. I am having a gas stove fitted in the corner of my room and...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock