Discuss Eicr earthing issue with dno in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

-
Reaction score
Hi guys Advice again please went to carry out A eicr in a flat which is in an estate with about 40 plus flats. in the intake room went to check the condition of the supply 3phase tncs with a separate earth coming in or was coming in seems like somebody cut it off and nicked it phone the dno to let them know they telling to earth rod it spoke to nic after explaing the situation he telling me the install is to big to earth rod and if I could crimp it once I told him it's the suppliers side he saying not to touch for safety reasons which is understandable and that his been in a similar situation and how i need to convince the dno to come out and give a quote to sort out the earth and how i need to know how to word it across to them to convince them to come out. My understanding is seen as the dno have supplied the earth it's there responsibility to maintain it they seem like they not boverd

does, or did, the main earthing conductor come from the service head? if so, then it's not DNO's responsibility after the service head.

I'll get pics when I next there sometime next week hopefully. the install has an earth strap coming off the services heads neutral connected to the trunking which has all tails runing through it but there was a separate earth also coming out the floor next to the supply which was connected to the neutral link which has been cut. Am I right thinking that the separate earth coming in was like a back up if neutral was lost on the dno side? I got good zdb reading within the flat tho

could it have been to a rod that was dissed when PME was installed?

Is it possible? Nic told me that a install that big can't be earth roded. At 1st he told me to crimp it then asked if it's on suppliers side or consumer side told him it comes out the ground next to main incomer then he goes not to due to a possible fault while trying to crimp it and that his been in a similar situation and how dno came out disconnected supply to Carrie out works. With new 18th coming out and talks about earth rods with tncs systems got me thinking was this a separate earth run by dno in case lost of neutral

I'll see if i can pop over tomarrow to get some pics if not next week. Thanks guys as always appreciate everyone's time and effort for helping out

The earth is cut from ground where reachable to the link coming out the dno neutral
But inside the trunking there's an earth strap to it from the neutral so has an earth still but just this cut off separate earth coming in is what I'm thinking looks like it's been nicked

I'll post some pics when I get the chance to go there next but is it not the dno responsibility seen as it goes in to there neutral

I'll post some pics when I get the chance to go there next but is it not the dno responsibility seen as it goes in to there neutral

Could be to a rod as it is PME there is a requirement to stake it at intervals to limit the resistance to true earth, have you tried a loop test to it. Me I would comment in the Report and only worry if remedial works are required.

Remedial works are required within the flat. Good zdb reading in the flat tho I was thinking that as well pme earth rod would that not be a c2?

Reply to Eicr earthing issue with dno in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net