Discuss Eicr who wants them in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I've been doing loads and yes general workmanship standards found are not good ! Getting fed up with EICRs now and thankfully only 7 left for the time being. Does anyone else find some of the places totally cluttered and far from clean ? Even though they know you're coming a lot of the tenants make zero effort to help you access sockets etc ,and you can't even find a clear and clean spot to place anything down. But on the other hand some are good as gold.

Does anyone else find some of the places totally cluttered and far from clean ? Even though they know you're coming a lot of the tenants make zero effort to help you access sockets etc ,and you can't even find a clear and clean spot to place anything down. But on the other hand some are good as gold.

Yes, it seems to vary from one extreme to another.

Last week, I had one where the tenants had kindly moved every bit of furniture in front of a socket, etc (without being asked).

Then another with nothing moved, no access to about half the sockets, piles and stashes of junk everywhere, meter cupboard and airing cupboard rammed to bursting, barely room to put down a test bag or tool bag. Often with a comment along the lines "If I'd realised you need access, I'd have moved stuff"!

I've been doing loads and yes general workmanship standards found are not good ! Getting fed up with EICRs now and thankfully only 7 left for the time being. Does anyone else find some of the places totally cluttered and far from clean ? Even though they know you're coming a lot of the tenants make zero effort to help you access sockets etc ,and you can't even find a clear and clean spot to place anything down. But on the other hand some are good as gold.
Found myself working for someone with a few dozen housing association slum lets... Some of them I have to confess I don't even try - if I can get a passable insulation reading to earth its gets a pass with some grumbling in the limitations.

Found myself working for someone with a few dozen housing association slum lets... Some of them I have to confess I don't even try - if I can get a passable insulation reading to earth its gets a pass with some grumbling in the limitations.
That is not good practice, but got to admit I agree. I hate doing them anyway. If it’s a mess I just do what I can and put FI if I don’t think I was able to get to enough of the property to do justice to the report.
I know some will disagree with this but I will not give a satisfactory to an installation I cant test thoroughly enough because the tenants are dirty messy b**tar*s.

That is not good practice, but got to admit I agree. I hate doing them anyway. If it’s a mess I just do what I can and put FI if I don’t think I was able to get to enough of the property to do justice to the report.
I know some will disagree with this but I will not give a satisfactory to an installation I cant test thoroughly enough because the tenants are dirty messy b**tar*s.
I know but if I fail it he'll only ruddy ask me to go back and fix it!

I do try believe me but every now and then you get one that putting the extra effort in would be like trying to teach elocution to a plumber.

Reply to Eicr who wants them in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net