Currently reading:
UK Electric combi boiler

Discuss Electric combi boiler in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Londontad

DIY
Reaction score
Hi i have direct unvented cylinder for shower & kitchen tap for hot water
(no radiators). 3 people living .

Wondering is I can change it to electric combo boiler as it’s saving spaces and it’s only shower & kitchen tap.

Not sure what’s requirement ,,
Found this electric combo boiler online but is it suitable ?

Or if any recommendations cheaper one but sufficient,,,

It’s an old flat so winder power is sufficient ,, (not using cooker 32A, hob by 3 pin sockets currently )

Attachments

• IMG_4597.png
    405.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4598.jpeg
    214.6 KB · Views: 16
A combi boiler provides heating as well as instantaneous hot water so are you needing a boiler that does heating
Yes but I use electric heater . Radiators . Just wanted. To know if the power is sufficient to provide shower and sink with this combo boiler . And my house power is capable of the usage of electricity . ,,,,, in uk people use 3 phase 400V commonly ?

Yes but I use electric heater . Radiators . Just wanted. To know if the power is sufficient to provide shower and sink with this combo boiler . And my house power is capable of the usage of electricity . ,,,,, in uk people use 3 phase 400V commonly ?
A Single Phase Combi is possible, For many
people, the flow rate will just not be sufficient
and it will take a long time to fill a bath, for instance.

Last edited:
Electric combi boilers are not as effevtive to heat flowing water compared to gas. I'd only consider an electric combi if you lived in the middle of nowhere with no mains gas supply. As mentioned, it's the flow which lets them down. It would be more effective to get a bigger water tank and run from an immersion with a shower on a pump.

An electric combi can maintain probably ~8 litres a minute flow whilst a gas combi will hit somewhere near 15 litres a minute. I think I had a 40 or 50kw combi fitted at my last house that could maintain 20+ litre a minute, let down only by the 15 litres a minute water supply

Reply to Electric combi boiler in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock