Discuss electrical project manager in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hire & fire, make sure the job runs to time, to budget, liaison with suppliers and the over all project manager etc etc

basically, what a project manager does is :

1. tell the plumbers they can use the holes the sparks drilled for their plastic pipe,

2. ensure that the ceilings are boarded before the lighting cables are in.

3. be sure to alter the positions of switches and sockets after the plastering is finished.

4. blame evryone else for your cock-ups.

5. generally be a right pain in the arse.

What's the fast track sector, as far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter what type of job it is. The person's responsibilities will be largely the same. Think about what your last gaffer was supposed to do.

If it's anything like the Project managers in the outfit I work for, prerequisites are, know FA about the job, have a brown nose and wear a suit, have 3 hour lunch breaks, to say I'm not impressed is an understatement, doesn't answer the OPs questions I know, but Project managers:willy_nilly::26::speechless:

what would the duties of an electrical project manager be ??

and what is the fast track sector in terms of electrical work
A non working forman basically but under pressure regarding targets at design level as well as general site works, also needs to deal with materials and saying money through cost reducing schemes, an easy job on the right firm a nightmare with the wrong boss above you lol.

I’d reached a sizable list and then thought, what’s the point.

No one in there right mind will make you project manager.

another perfect example of how this forum is basically a bully zone , average joes behind the keyboard posting cheap comments at people they will never meet in reality , you know nothing about me or my experience so please keep your comments to yourself

p.s i was banned for insulting a fellow member this (TONY) should be accountable for his comments

Fast track could well mean that the job is being designed as the project/construction progresses on site, rather than having a set of approved drawings to work too!! I've seen what happens on some those sort of projects too, things tend to get missed, incorrect assessments made and can end up being a real can of worms for everyone, unless the right people are in the right positions.

Real Project management covers a hell of a lot more than those here that think, or are under the impression that it's an easy ride, i can assure you it aint!!! Just for starters, what's your knowledge like on contractual law??

Unless you have worked as an assistant PM on a project, then i can confidently state you will be way out of your depth....

treat subbis like dog-s-h-it
sneak around with a camera
then reporti the pics back to the office like a prefect
get rid of subbies and put in ur own repacements then take a"cut"?

Try taking the pressure which goes with it, ensuring targets and times are met, checking co-ordinated drawings, incase your subbies have fitted the traywork, were the pipework should be. Constant rfi`s to the designers, because you physically can`t fit you containment where requested. Taking photos as proof of a claim for obstructions. Constantly hasselled by subbies wanting time deals......the list goes on

Reply to electrical project manager in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net