Discuss Electrical Website in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

matandmore

Hi

I am currently in the process of putting togther some sort of web tool for electricians. It will be based around a website for the front end and various tools and links in the back end to help promote your business online. I was hoping you guys can give me some input.

Cheers

Matt

Hi

Any ideas you might have for stuff I can ad to the back end admin section of the site. I have been a web designer for several years but have just completed my 2330 level 2 so it seems like good idea to combine the two togther and build an electricians super site. Ideas I have so far are:

online apointment sceduling tool
e mail newsletter marketing tool
online quote tool.
links to electrica.com etc

Matt

Its hard to find stuff that already has not been done really, loads of sites are springing up where you can search for local tradesmen but the traffic levels of the sites struggle to justify the fees they want,

I am noticing a niche in terms of link building to help peoples site, there is literally nothing in terms of link building to help tradesmen sites rank higher in the serps.

I think if some one was to create a site get tons of tradesmen to list that they are available for relevant link exchanges they could probably make a tidy sum.

Funny enough I suggested that a while ago that we should all link to each other but not many seemed interested.

Chris

Funny enough I suggested that a while ago that we should all link to each other but not many seemed interested.

Chris

Yeah its an idea i had a few weeks back, ideal links would have to be people who dont cover the same areas. In terms of backlinks to each persons site they would be very relevant and boost people in the google local search results.

I might toy around with a basic site that explains it all in laymans terms, it could be beneficial for those who take part.

hi massey

thats the kinda thing i am talking about, not a database for sparkys more like a backend marketing suit for each individules website. if a few of us put our thinking togther maybe we could make something that benefits us all.

matt

I link to this forum, it is always wise to link out to on topic sites...it does help rankings especially if the link is to a well established site/ on topic theme.
it is unwise to link out to off topic sites, hence i removed my ------ links ages ago

I link to this forum, it is always wise to link out to on topic sites...it does help rankings especially if the link is to a well established site/ on topic theme.
it is unwise to link out to off topic sites, hence i removed my ------ links ages ago

Its all about relevnce to an extent,

But if yo ulook at some sites in terms of links going to their site they have huge numbers of rubbish links but it slightly indicates to google that other people like the site. People confuse google with mass ammount of links and it works in their sites favour.

as you can see from my birmingham electricians site i have more than backlinks to worry about. I need to get a designer on board :rolleyes:

Nick

links into sites not on topic are ignored, by all the majors, even msn/yahoo have the message.
keyword tech is guarded by google and thus reading web pages by googlebot is secret, however it is still possible to manipulate google search.

Reply to Electrical Website in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net