Discuss Electrician websites in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MASSEY

Hi guys,

I am currently making and optimising an electrician site,

I am aiming to rank it position one in google for a majority of searches birmingham electricians etc

have any of you guys got succesful web pages and do you recieve quality enquiries,

thanks for Reading,

Nick

My website is Electricians electrical contractors Fife security CCTV fire alarm data does bring me business in my area of Scotland , I am finding that with the rise in people simply using a search engine ( rather than yell or other directories ) that we get about 1 to 2 jobs per day at the moment , anything from a small repair to a full install . I do however get lots of unwanted calls from comapnies wanting to help we with my website , crooks basically , if you do get these calls please ignore .

Google "web ceo" that a free program (I love that word). It helps will optimization of websites and compares yours to the competition for better ranking.

Hope that helps

Chris

My website is Electricians electrical contractors Fife security CCTV fire alarm data does bring me business in my area of Scotland , I am finding that with the rise in people simply using a search engine ( rather than yell or other directories ) that we get about 1 to 2 jobs per day at the moment , anything from a small repair to a full install . I do however get lots of unwanted calls from comapnies wanting to help we with my website , crooks basically , if you do get these calls please ignore .

Thats the way im thinking more and more people use the net and im not a fan of yell, if i could get sites that generate house rewire etc i would be really happy with that.

You are right though as soon as you have web pages the phone doesnt stop ringing with people trying to sell stuff and 99% of it is rubbish.

Hopefully i will have it all soted by the end of he year :cool:

Nick

yes localised search is lucrative but you have to be ranked high, most people will not go beyond page 2 when searching unless a very niche service. I get tons of calls from salesmen but it goes with the territory, and its worth it. Compared with yellow pages the internet is 90% better, and 90% cheaper (assuming you create your own website).

The previous run of yellow pages I had freebee, presumably they took off from yell.com (again a free listing)
in the 2-year run in yellow pages I got 1 job, worth ÂŁ100, if I had paid for the ad yellow pages wanted ÂŁ275.

They hounded me for weeks to book an ad for the new edition, no chance not at that money. Anyhow the new edition is out and i'm not in. I would concentrate all efforts into a web presence now, in years to come it will get evermore competetive.

I know some guys get plenty of work thru yellow pages but it will dwindle as more of the older generation die out.

A recent survey by which said 80% of the under 40's search for services online...while 80% of over 60's use yellow pages or local newspapers...so you can see which way it is going

Tip
People want to find quickly what you can do which areas you work, your phone number, a couple of refs is nice

Thats all, no bells and whistles

Local search is becoming lucrative industry , I do not agree that you do not need bells and whistles although . To get to that top spot you need good relevant information so the search engines will rank you on the first page . I have worked for 6 months to secure my keywords " electrician in standrews " , " electrician in kirkcaldy " and " electrician in Fife " . I am now ranking for " electrician in Scotland " although that first page is never easy , not that my customers find me that way anyway .

I have , and I will continue to offer a free website audit for anyone , just reply with the url and I will get back to you . Sometimes a small ( an inexpensive ) change can help your ranking rocket to the top spot .

I agree that a site ranking high in google is far better than the yellow pages.

In a way bells and whistles arent needed thats the genral feeling i am getting references and a user friendly site seem to do it for electrician sites.

Im concentrating on a simple site that looks better than the competition sites as they are quite bad, i currently rank on page 3 for birmingham electrician which has a good search volume. Im more concentrating on the seo than the look of the site at the time being but im geting there its something that takes time unfortunatly :rolleyes:.

Like "wattsup" & "electricians" mentions online is becoming quite lucrative for local search,

Last edited by a moderator:
had a few leads from my site but nothing special, most of the time when customers get my card they use my site as a "Get to know me" sorta tool...! it kinda puts me apart from the other bloke whoes price is similar..!

also had a few corporate jobs via the site for pat testing.

had a few leads from my site but nothing special, most of the time when customers get my card they use my site as a "Get to know me" sorta tool...! it kinda puts me apart from the other bloke whoes price is similar..!

also had a few corporate jobs via the site for pat testing.

Thats another good reason to have one it does put you aprt from competition in most cases,

no offence to 'electricians' but the target is simple, it is a no brainer, electricians in st andrews is not hard to do, try electricians in any major ciity. Not easy. The bells and whistles, I stand by, no one is looking for a majestic website, they want a number to call. I have been involved in web devolpement for 10 years and I know a quick loading site will beat any flash bells and whistles. The customer wants a number to call and thats it

Granted a flash site will work for multi nationals...not for local joe bloggs

the only drawback is you must be first page, and prerferably top 3 results. I know for a fact if you are not, leads go from loads and loads to next to nothing, if bottom of page or 1 or top of page 2

People are very impatient (like i am) they will hit the back button) if you do not tell them what they want to hear

The corealtion is astounding. After many years of experience I know for a fact this is true

the only drawback is you must be first page, and prerferably top 3 results. I know for a fact if you are not, leads go from loads and loads to next to nothing, if bottom of page or 1 or top of page 2

People are very impatient (like i am) they will hit the back button) if you do not tell them what they want to hear

The corealtion is astounding. After many years of experience I know for a fact this is true

I completly agree,

Targeting major city terms is where the traffic is, i have to compete with free index in number #1 but im going to enjoy taking that position from them.

Im gonna have to spend ÂŁÂŁÂŁ on link building to compete with them.

Im looking to create a website for my company, anyone know of any free web building tools to create one myself and if anyone can recommend what one is the best they have used.

Thanks

Does anyone want to try and boost there site in google?

I have got birminghamelectriciansltd.co.uk to the bottom of page 1 of google for Birmingham electricians , I need to try and get a couple more links and I should go to position 1.

If some one is willing to link to my site in the form of anchor text i.e these are Birmingham electricians we can reccomend

I can provide a link to their site from another site I am working on which has a high page rank making the links of a good value.

Let me know if you are up for linking.

No I hate spam.

Durham sparky, I can provide a good link but your site has a couple of issues, Im in a good mood so if yu tell me what your main keyword is, I would thin "electrician in Durham" I can suggest a few alterations for you to make.

Reply to Electrician websites in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net