Discuss Electrician wiring their own home paperwork in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

part p is pooh

Hi everyone, im new to this forum thing but need a little help. Im a qualified electrician but have never worked for myself only for contracting companies so am not used to the paperwork side of things.

I will be rewiring my own house soon and am wondering what authority i need and if i need to register any testing forms in this case the electrcal installation certificate and how to sign off the work although i have my 2391 inspection and testing qualification i obviously dont have a registered company to sign off the testing cert. Without begging an engineer at my firm or paying another registered spark to sign off some certs im not sure . thanks in advance guys any help would be great cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is your reason for wanting the work to be registered under part p ?

1/ Because that is the way the law stands and you are a model citizen
or
2/ Because you believe all part p work is actually done through those channels,
or
3/ You have not considered why you may not bother going through those channels

Not being funny about this but why not ask the guys you work with to just do it as a favour.

If they reckon your works up to it they will.

Something’s not ringing true here!

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont want it to be registered through part p in fact i dont believe in part p as it is a false qualification which is ruining the industry. I just want to rewire my house and want to make sure that its registered correctly pwork wise and is all legitimate when i sell the property

then either pay Labc to inspect the work or register and otify after even though you should technically still notify labc before starting ad pay there scam fee which is £190 here or pay elecsa or similar and regsiter with them either way its a scam

So who’s pulling the scam here part p is pooh, you want to sell a property but don’t want pay and your not qualified!

Pull the other one!

wow your dull i have recently bought the property will be rewiring it soon have no intention of selling it anytime soon i am only planning for the future i am qualified and probably more than you. Im simply enquiring about the legal side of an electrician wiring his own home being qualified without having his own company to sign it off it is a simple question!!!

best first step is to speak to you local LABC. some authorities will accept your qualifications and allow you to sign off the job. others require you to be a scam member, or they will charge you to inspect and certify. note: from your comment in the last post, i think you'll find that tony has higher qualifications than me. you, and a dozen other sparks put together. so before getting personal and judgemental, please be sure of your facts.

i dont believe in part p as it is a false qualification which is ruining the industry.

What do you mean by false qualification.
You are aware its a building regulation and not an electricians qualification ?

You either abide by the law or you dont,its that simple
If you want advise on how to comply,then it can be given
If you want people to agree with breaking the law, thats unreasonable

Again what is your motive? or did you want the discussion to be on the merits of that building regulation

Irrelevant of your qualifications,if you are registered for self certification,then you sign it off yourself,if you are not,you notify and pay Labc,its that simple

wow your dull i have recently bought the property will be rewiring it soon have no intention of selling it anytime soon i am only planning for the future i am qualified and probably more than you. Im simply enquiring about the legal side of an electrician wiring his own home being qualified without having his own company to sign it off it is a simple question!!!
Wheres your manners poo?!! I think you`l find (if you choose to hang around in this forum for a while) that Tony is a very well respected member of this forum community.....i just think you want to wire it up yourself and have a part p forum member come out and inspect and test it for you....for a start its illegal and also very rude and just not the sort of thing you should be asking here (or anyware else for that matter)...go and get registered poo or its the LABC....your call............

Last edited:

IMO Having read the book How to win friends and influence people Id think before letting my silly little fingers hit the keyboard thats a fantastic way to ask for advice n reply to someone you dont know probably havent checked out his profile ?? Is he realy Tony Cable in disguise? For a newby you have some cheek on ya

Reply to Electrician wiring their own home paperwork in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net