Search the forum,

Discuss Electricity Meter going backwards? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

EON's FiT form doesn't ask, so I wrote a note on the form to tell them. It's their meter, I've taken documented reasonable steps to inform them, so now it's their problem as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for your reply - OK it was true then.

My provider is BG and I have phoned them few times trying to get the meter changed but it seems to be too big of a company, sofar nobody has been able to transfer my call to the right department...

Bg will change yor meter for free. What area of the country are you in?

Damned Scottish Power are coming to change my meter tomorrow and the panels only went up on Oct 20th. First time they will have attended to anything quickly.:63:

No-one's gonna change MY meter until I have received my terms and conditions letter and returned it. If they try and do it berfore then I shall tell them to clear off ! They received my FIT form and stuff on 24th Oct and I'm still waiting for my T&C letter, although I have now finally had a letter acknowledging they received my form.

To be fair to them they did acknowledge receipt of my FIT application within 5 days of posting at the start of November. The "welcome" letter arrived early this week so they have been pretty efficient in these matters. Queries over the phone and a couple by e mail were dealt with quickly and to my satisfaction too so generally they have performed well.

My meter goes backwards and is analogue built in 2002, when it does it makes me:). Surely by putting the MPAN number in the application form and having it on the MCS cert tells the supplier what kind of meter it is, which then puts in ball in their court, Or have i been mis-informed about MPAN numbers?

Personally (my own opinion), it's like speeding. You know what you're doing is illegal and could result in a penalty. Whether or not you choose to speed is how it rests on your conscience and what level of risk you take. Here, it is possible to reduce that risk by self-reading the meter and offering higher than actual meter readings in the winter, to offset the negative effect on readings during the summer. Clearly there is a risk associated with that because an actual meter reader may appear and you may get told that you have submitted to high a reading. I've never known anyone be fined for fraudulantly paying to much to the electricity company. However, at the end of the day you are breaking the rules that you've signed up to, so you haven't a leg to stand on, legally.

As people are often at pains to point out - we're only allowed to mess from the meter tails onwards. Everything from the meter back is not our responsibility. Tell them you've fitted PV in the correct fashion and it's up to them to worry about their meter.

Reply to Electricity Meter going backwards? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock