Discuss Emails from the forum in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just a quickie to let you know how to stop emails from the forum.

From time to time we get asked by our sponsors (we actually get asked by loads of firms but would only do this for sponsors that support the forum) to send you an email either with an offer in, or some news, or whatever. It's always about the forum, or an existing forum sponsor, and it will always come from one of our own email addresses, so [email protected].

It isn't spam, it's an email from the forum, and only Myself or Dave will send these emails. So they're always vetted by one or both of us before being sent.

However if you would like to stop Administrator Emails, here's how you do it.

Go here: http://www.electriciansforums.net/profile.php?do=editoptions
About the third setting down, remove the tick for "Receive Email from Administrators"

That stops all admin emails. We can still override this should we have some outage and need to tell you we are are back online or something else really important.

I thought I'd just keep you up to date on this. It has always been the case for years, but more recently when we're sending 10's of thousands of emails per batch, let alone per month, we are getting quite a lot of people assume things from 'I've never had an account with you what the hell is this' to a more normal 'unsubscribe' which we cannot do for you!

Obviously at any point should your own situation change and you not want to use the forum at all, then you can always message Dave, Jase or myself on here, and we will do it for you.

Thanks for reading.

Reply to Emails from the forum in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net