Currently reading:
Emergency key switch wiring

Discuss Emergency key switch wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

dave19

Hi Guys,

Can you help ? I just wanted to know how you wire a key switch and normal switch together. Is this how it should be :-

Feed from board to common on key switch
power to emergency lights comes off the load side of key switch
loop feed comes off the common side of key switch to common side of normal switch then
power to normal lights comes off load side to normal switch.

Is this it and if not is there a different way of doing it. Please explain in as simple terms as you can. Diagrams would also help ? Thanks guys.

Dave.

Are you trying to tell me BS5266 makes no reference to lux levels?

no , i'm saying it doesnt request lux tests to be carried out during annual testing once the system is in service - read my statement that you just quoted again.
it also recommends standard lighting remain functional during testing as was pointed out many many posts ago by another poster.

depends on how the circuit is set up
emergency lights seperate circuit/switch wire
or all together - loop from key to l/sw so the key is master and the l/sw operates as normal until key put into power cut mode

no , i'm saying it doesnt request lux tests to be carried out during annual testing once the system is in service - read my statement that you just quoted again.
it also recommends standard lighting remain functional during testing as was pointed out many many posts ago by another poster.
It says the lights have to be bright enough.
You can prove they're bright enough with a tester which tests how bright they are.

Reply to Emergency key switch wiring in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock