Search the forum,

Discuss Epson Council wins the right to order removal of panels from domestic property! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

251609_224058784289568_100000563452499_821950_2348112_n.jpg

Any one here guilty of this one?

The property is in Tolworth, Surrey. Pic was sent to me by a mate.

Kev.

OMG that's worse than the 1st one. I'd turn the job down, it's not worth risking your reputation, you'll have 25 years to regret installing that monstrosity.

i know nowt about solar as i dont do it,but ive seen some right pro jobs,and ive seen a mess like some of the pics on here,is solar the new part p,chancers jumping on the bandwagon giving the pro installers and the game a bad name..looks that way to me..

Last edited:
Are those bottom two panels just resting in the gutter and propped against the wall? Really makes the case for the forthcoming MCS regulations about mounting systems.

His installation does look an eyesore and I would be astonished if it met all the MCS rules and guidelines.

In my view the Council cannot stop him putting solar panels on, provided he meets the relevant conditions which are:
"A.2. Development is permitted by Class A subject to the following conditions—
(a) solar PV or solar thermal equipment installed on a building shall, so far as
practicable, be sited so as to minimise its effect on the external appearance of the
building;
(b) solar PV or solar thermal equipment shall, so far as practicable, be sited so as to
minimise its effect on the amenity of the area; and"

If he has already gone to appeal and lost then he is is probably stuffed because to overturn the inspector's decision he will need to go to the High Court for which he would need deep pockets. A better option might be to apply for planning permission for a slightly more subtle arrangement of panels, showing he has made an effort to minimise the impact. Provided he has done so an inspector would find it far more difficult to find against him.

Isn't that satellite dish big enough to require planning permission as well?!

Regards
Bruce

Last edited:

Reply to Epson Council wins the right to order removal of panels from domestic property! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock