Discuss error messages at top of screen in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

zap

-
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to prevent the following messages:

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 21

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupDiscussion::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupdiscussion.php on line 337

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ..../includes/class_core.php:5755) in ..../includes/functions.php on line 5588

Does anyone know how to prevent the following messages:

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 21

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupDiscussion::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with that of vB_Model::getLoadQuery() in..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupdiscussion.php on line 337

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ..../includes/class_core.php:5755) in ..../includes/functions.php on line 5588

I get this as well.

Using Opera, Firefox and Chrome.

Another forum I'm on is using same software as this and I don't have any issues with it.

Beware of the latest Windows 7 updates. They automatically installed earlier today and disabled my communications system (i.e. no internet, email etc.). A system restore resolved the issue and I'm about to diagnose what exactly happened. Watch this space...
Nope, can't find out why and not prepared to spend anymore time. Stand easy...
They decided to reinstall again so I'm off to the pub. If I find a fix I'll post out here. Don't you just love microsoft?:eek:

Last edited:
Up to date here zap. Must be your end, I've had no problems.

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - February 2014 (KB890830)

Installation date: ‎14/‎02/‎2014 19:48

Installation status: Successful

I'm pm'd Dan (hope this is appropriate) this link to forward to the development team (if one exists!).
I think Dan is the development team. The messages are just a minor annoyance, I think usually they're just written to log files and not parsed on the forum as errors but in this case they are visible on certain pages. The issue is with the forum board itself so whatever browser or operating system you'll still see them.

I'll post another reminder in the staff area to see if it can be fixed.

Up to date here zap. Must be your end, I've had no problems.

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - February 2014 (KB890830)

Installation date: ‎14/‎02/‎2014 19:48

Installation status: Successful

Cheers Archy, the update ran, again, and the original problem solved itself. There were other issues which turned out to be red herrings.
Don't you just loath Microsoft. :ack2:

I think Dan is the development team. The messages are just a minor annoyance, I think usually they're just written to log files and not parsed on the forum as errors but in this case they are visible on certain pages. The issue is with the forum board itself so whatever browser or operating system you'll still see them.

I'll post another reminder in the staff area to see if it can be fixed.

I like the pun!

Beware of the latest Windows 7 updates. They automatically installed earlier today and disabled my communications system (i.e. no internet, email etc.). A system restore resolved the issue and I'm about to diagnose what exactly happened. Watch this space...
Nope, can't find out why and not prepared to spend anymore time. Stand easy...
They decided to reinstall again so I'm off to the pub. If I find a fix I'll post out here. Don't you just love microsoft?:eek:

NO!! ... I hate Microsoft.

It was set up by a bunch of kids who happened to be in the right place at the right time and as software goes it's pants BUT it's very well marketed pants and it's in marketing where Microsoft excels.

There has been and will be far superior software on the market that has not and will not see the light of day because of the amount of money that Microsoft enjoys enable it to make offers to the smaller but better software writers that can't be refused.

I have lost count of the number of times I have been hanging on the phone to a doctor's surgery or other business listening to them apologising for the delay in getting me the information I have asked for because "the coputer is down" or the "computer is running slow today". I always ask "are you running Microsoft?" and the answer is always "yes".

I think there's only Linux that is totally free and independent (I stand to be corrected here) and I use it on one of my pcs, but I have some driver issues with it other than that it is absolutely rock solid. If I could sort the printer drivers issue out it would be on all 3 machines in a heartbeat.

NO!! ... I hate Microsoft.

It was set up by a bunch of kids who happened to be in the right place at the right time and as software goes it's pants BUT it's very well marketed pants and it's in marketing where Microsoft excels.

There has been and will be far superior software on the market that has not and will not see the light of day because of the amount of money that Microsoft enjoys enable it to make offers to the smaller but better software writers that can't be refused.

I have lost count of the number of times I have been hanging on the phone to a doctor's surgery or other business listening to them apologising for the delay in getting me the information I have asked for because "the coputer is down" or the "computer is running slow today". I always ask "are you running Microsoft?" and the answer is always "yes".

I think there's only Linux that is totally free and independent (I stand to be corrected here) and I use it on one of my pcs, but I have some driver issues with it other than that it is absolutely rock solid. If I could sort the printer drivers issue out it would be on all 3 machines in a heartbeat.

Yet another pun, very good!

Totally agree.

We all lost betamax to VHS video by the same marketing tactics. Still, video tapes have bitten the dust now anyway.

You can just run Ubuntu as a live CD without doing the installation, that way you can check hardware compatibility etc.

Reply to error messages at top of screen in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net