Discuss EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Do you want to remain in the EU

• Yes - stay in

Votes: 18 17.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • No - time to leave

Votes: 81 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: EU - How will you vote given the latest "news"

Your thread? Interesting way of looking at it, but I suppose it explains a lot.

Well ..... I did start it and it's a poll for the up coming EU referendum. That's all really.

Feel free to start your own thread!

Your thread? Interesting way of looking at it, but I suppose it explains a lot.

Murdoch started it so it his thread, everyone else has just contributed to it in some way or another.
As for the eu it is not the same as when joined it has become a power that only has to answer to its self. The people in power are not elected and part of a political has been society
You know the sort of people running it x opposition leaders, X Prime Minister's and MPs that filed to get elected to Houses of Parliament but then went on to become Mep and are getting paid a nice bit of money to do a job that is not a job but costs us lots in the taxes we pay, let's think about it when did we start paying V.A.T

Back on track.

very interesting that there are no undecided votes as yet!

If I promise not to put you on my ignore list if I ever run out of ability to defend my point, would you mind painting a picture showing us what we should all be really worried about please ?

What dark secrets have you gleaned during your several years of following EU politics ?

It would be totally your choice if I end up on your Ignore list although TBH I'm not sure if its possible with a Mod' as we normally post warnings and tidy threads up etc :stooge_curly: (hmmm Ill have to ask the question now its been mentioned)

I listed 3 issues with the EU and how its run in that post alone, these are not in themselves little issues but big ones and very concerning IMHO, if you think that its OK for the Brussels Elite to bully Member countries until they get the correct vote or government in power by using threats of various forms or whether you think its right that we give 17billion to them and when we ask for them to show the accounts they refuse and can't explain missing billions... yet they keep coming back asking for more, when they couldn't legitimately give us reason to pay more based on the GDP figures (how they calculate our contribution) they changed the laws governing what GDP covers so now it takes into account prostitution and drug dealing which the government get zero tax back on yet we now have to pay the EU for this YES... you wouldn't believe this if it weren't actually true, now we have to pay the EU part of our contributions based on an imaginary figure that takes drug dealers and prostitution into account... I'm shocked tbh that child trafficing wasn't included :eek:mg_smile:

I respect anybody's view to either leave or stay but as always tends to be the case, the majority voting will actually have little knowledge of the reality of what exactly is our relation with the EU and they will only be making a decision of the back of the media around the time of the referendum which is scary considering this could make a massive difference to the UK.

I respect anybody's view to either leave or stay but as always tends to be the case, the majority voting will actually have little knowledge of the reality of what exactly is our relation with the EU and they will only be making a decision of the back of the media around the time of the referendum which is scary considering this could make a massive difference to the UK.

I agree with that, which is why I think the the out vote will win.

It would be totally your choice if I end up on your Ignore list although TBH I'm not sure if its possible with a Mod' as we normally post warnings and tidy threads up etc :stooge_curly: (hmmm Ill have to ask the question now its been mentioned)

Oh is that it ? - you said that immigration was the least of our worries, all you've come up with is bad accounting practices, that's hardly the root of all evil. You call it bullying, Id call it ensuring members adhere to the rules, if you don't like the rules there's the door - you'll not see many heading for the exit. We are just feigning our concern, we won't leave - if we left it would overnight kill off many businesses. I've had business dealing throughout the EU and much further affield for longer than I'd care to remember and can remember how much faff it was to sell into the EU - these days it's seamless. Leave the EU and you'll send us back into recession, not that we are completely out of the previous one yet.

Oddly, that flexible approach to accounting, which now requires us to include such black market trades as drugs deals and ladies of the night within our GDP helped the head towel folder show a growing economy (up a massive 0.2%) that and the OAPs now being able to buy sports cars with pensions.

You missed my point about re my ignore list, I'm sure someone else won't

Everyone is prone to this propaganda, don't judge them for sharing such stuff just correct them and explain they are the victim of a fake report, regarding the subject matter, I have followed European politics for several years now, the amount of power over our government and laws that the EU hold is now pretty substantial, yes our own inhouse government need a lot of changes and thats regardless of who is at the helm but the EU itself is an entity to itself and requires pulling apart and rebuilding, it claims to be democratic but its leaders are not elected, it pretends its financially sound but it has self written off billions in accountings it alledgedly cannot find (corruption?)... the true inpact of the recent immigration is been muffled in those countries that are mainly effected with only the biggest stories seeping out even after EU surpressive attempts (the mass sexual assaults and rapings of the new year in Germany are one example and it was hidden for several days before it got out), the fact that those countries who have had a large influx of immigration recently has seen an epidemic in rapes and assaults of resident young females is still under reported - why you ask?... well we have a referendum coming up for IN/OUT and the EU is desperate to not show immigration is effecting them negatively, if you want to get a real scope on the damage of the mass immigration has had recently then look up the problems Germany and Sweden has had recently, some of it is hard reading tbh and its definately not the kind of people I would ever want in the UK.
When a EU member has its own government elections and Brussels doesn't like who has been put in power then the EU demands they devolve the parliment until someone they want is in power (Greece), when a country votes to leave the EU by democracy then the EU ignore the result and forces another referendum until the result is in their favour (Ireland), if you ever thought any of our governments were creating a nanny state then you haven't realised the impact the EU actually has over its members and how it reacts when it doesn't get its way... if we vote out we won't be subject to what happened to Ireland as we are one of the main players here but it shows just how corrupt and power hungry the EU is, it claims it is not creating a 'State' but everything it has done and is still doing all show this to be a lie.

In this country we actually get little in the way of EU news and what is happening as the media don't see it as interesting while we paddle along side them but now we have a referendum around the corner the EU is desperate to paint a rosy picture while the media is finding some shocking things out about how it is run and exactly what impact it has on our day to day lives.. I already know a lot of it and immigration is the least of our problems as a reason to leave, the bigger picture hasn't been portrayed yet.

That's just not true. First of all, Ireland never voted to leave the EU, it voted to reject the Lisbon Treaty. The Irsish governmet went to the EU with its concerns, renegotiated terms and the Irispeople then accepted them. That's not bullying, not by any means.

That's just not true. First of all, Ireland never voted to leave the EU, it voted to reject the Lisbon Treaty. The Irsish governmet went to the EU with its concerns, renegotiated terms and the Irispeople then accepted them. That's not bullying, not by any means.

Who are they aliens from outer space?

Your correct, I meant to put Euro not EU, had the vote been recognised as Ireland on its own then it would have seen them in a forced exit from the Euro, because Ireland was the only country to hold a referendum on the new treaty when they voted No it put the whole Lisbon Treaty on hold and the only way it could come into play was Ireland to leave the EU or for another referendum, Ireland were not offered anything really just comforting words, the treaty wasn't changed but a massive EU driven Yes campaign was devised on how things had been changed and revised when in fact nothing had, I think they were given a position in the new central powerhouse which equates to nothing if you voice is never heard. I call been given the option to leave or accept a bullying tactic and what exactly is the Lisbon treaty, it centralises the EU power house and takes control of alot of its members affairs so it can imply rules and laws without any obstacles that had previously proved to be a big problem for turning the EU into a state, we were promised a referendum ourselves but they changed the name and Gorden Brown robbed us of our vote which was against EU legislation although who are they to point this out at the risk of the Lisbon Treaty been scrapped.

Last edited:

Sorry hit wrong button, just think about what EU started out as it was supposed to be a free market between all European countries but what happened they change their name like a powerful they decided that they were in charge I decided that we would have one coin coin to buy have goats they decided that they could override our own government with decisions that they make they decided that it was okay from my five-year-old son who is six on Saturday this is the comment like to makepoo on the loo

The people wanting us to stay in will be protected from the bad points that will inevitably come with it. They will not have to live next door or mingle with all those who will come to our shores. Germany is now flooded with rapists, sex pests and the worst is probably yet to come.
Do you want the same?

The people wanting us to stay in will be protected from the bad points that will inevitably come with it. They will not have to live next door or mingle with all those who will come to our shores. Germany is now flooded with rapists, sex pests and the worst is probably yet to come.
Do you want the same?

A very well thought out insightful argument for leaving the EU.
You've just about won me over with that post.
Well done.

[FONT=&amp]Don't forget, the reason dopey Dave was forced to offer us this choice; was to stop half his gasping, self-serving mob defecting to UKIP
before the last election.
That's just my opinion. :grin: it could be true though. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]We will be subjected to all the scare tactics, and propaganda under the sun. To stay in this failing, corrupt union.
I have faith that the Great British public will 'see through it', and vote NO[/FONT]

I don't think its going to be such a smooth run for the brexit crew, the BBC is supplimented by the EU so is the CBI and they advise UK business now with the BBC doing a lot of the coverage lets see just how balanced it really is, so far It has already been biased to showing more news on the In campaign and thats before its even started once an agreement is supposedly done, watch out for who exactly you see promoting the stay in campaign and you can bet a lot of what you see will have vested interest in keeping us in as they are receiving 'lets call them perks' from the Brussels corrupt power house.... its strange how the EU chooses to suppliment groups and business that could influence the public mind.

We pay them to pay companies to tell us they are nice and its good to be part of a failing non democratic, power hungry union, it just a good job not all our media is getting EU suppliments, what is worse and scary is the fact the EU sent out pamphlets discussing putting positive EU discussions in the classroom and having it as part of the national curriculum but as this isn't a balanced open lesson it is what I would class as Brain Washing the next generation, the scary part is that it has already found its way into the classroom even today.

Yes its clear I'm against been part of the EU and I don't deny that but I'm hoping that some on the fence will see a documentary that is been made about the truth of the EU which doesn't just talk the talk but shows the evidence of why the EU is failing and the news stories that are not getting to our shores for fear of it influencing our position.

I don't think its going to be such a smooth run for the brexit crew, the BBC is supplimented by the EU so is the CBI and they advise UK business now with the BBC doing a lot of the coverage lets see just how balanced it really is, so far It has already been biased to showing more news on the In campaign and thats before its even started once an agreement is supposedly done, watch out for who exactly you see promoting the stay in campaign and you can bet a lot of what you see will have vested interest in keeping us in as they are receiving 'lets call them perks' from the Brussels corrupt power house.... its strange how the EU chooses to suppliment groups and business that could influence the public mind.

Hum..... the BBC being balanced - hardly. They don't know what that means these days.

A go back a decade or more, the BBC reported the news as facts, now they report what they want us to think. The BBC is nothing more than a tabloid TV channel

We pay them to pay companies to tell us they are nice and its good to be part of a failing non democratic, power hungry union, it just a good job not all our media is getting EU suppliments, what is worse and scary is the fact the EU sent out pamphlets discussing putting positive EU discussions in the classroom and having it as part of the national curriculum but as this isn't a balanced open lesson it is what I would class as Brain Washing the next generation, the scary part is that it has already found its way into the classroom even today.

Yes its clear I'm against been part of the EU and I don't deny that but I'm hoping that some on the fence will see a documentary that is been made about the truth of the EU which doesn't just talk the talk but shows the evidence of why the EU is failing and the news stories that are not getting to our shores for fear of it influencing our position.

How is the BBC and CBI 'supplemented' by the EU?
I think you'll find the BBC coverage balanced, it certainly has been up to now.

Any chance of a link to this documentary you mention, I like to see all views.

I think you'll find that to have any pro political viewpoint in the national curriculum is illegal,

In all truth the only biased reporting I see in the media is with some newspapers. That's the Mail, Express, Sun and the Telegraph. The Express is rabid, not seen it today but I'd bet blind that there will be anti EU scare stories if not on the front page then in the next few.

How is the BBC and CBI 'supplemented' by the EU?

I think you'll find the BBC coverage balanced, it certainly has been up to now.

Any chance of a link to this documentary you mention, I like to see all views.

I think you'll find that to have any pro political viewpoint in the national curriculum is illegal,

In all truth the only biased reporting I see in the media is with some newspapers. That's the Mail, Express, Sun and the Telegraph. The Express is rabid, not seen it today but I'd bet blind that there will be anti EU scare stories if not on the front page then in the next few.

The BBC receive funding from the EU

are you serious?

Reply to EU Brexit - How will you vote given the latest "news" in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net