Currently reading:
EV - after few pointers please

Discuss EV - after few pointers please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Not been involved with any EV much as of yet. But time has come now with new LABC regs that we have to fit on all new builds.

Did the Niceic (think was 1/2 day) EV course 2-3 years ago, then signed myself up as a pod-point installer.

That was about it ! All the OLEV paperwork put me off, looked like a right headache !
Also bit concerned that wouldn't be able to figure out set up for any app to get it working after install - I'm not so tecchy, but my younger employees probably figure it out.

Did get quite a lot of customer enquires and if we ever went quiet was going to do a few - never happened though.

So all we've done to date is put in the 1st fixes ready for any EV point at a later date.

Few questions if you can help on please :

- Do I have to inform ENA / WPD of every EV point we install, even if has load limiter on it ?

- How do I inform ENA / WPD is this all on line ?

- Can I install any EV charger or do I have to be 'approved by the manufacturer' cant remember the benefit of becoming 'pod-point installer maybe longer warranty ?

- Any EV chargers you recommend the are easy on final set up assuming they all have an app ? Or maybe there's some that dont need the an app.

- Been specified on a new build coming : Zappi 22kW, anyone fitted this unit ?

Thanks Sy

I got a quote for 3 phase upgrade some years back, the cost for which I wouldn't describe as nominal.

It involved no trenching, but did include several poles, a lot of expensive cable and a new transformer. I imagine the cost would now be a quite significant five figure sum as nothing has changed with local distribution.

Sounds like you haven't been involved in organising supplies to buildings before, there will likely be a very large difference In single and three phase.
Well lets say you are building a housing estate. Developer will arrange for DNO to lay 3-phase in the pavement on each side of the road. That is the expensive part.

Each house then needs a feed and here you have a choice of single or 1 or 3 phase cable / cut our, and that's the bit with nominal material cost difference and almost zero labour difference.

Reply to EV - after few pointers please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back