Discuss Fault finding flow diagrams in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

EPRspark

Hi everyone. I'm hoping someone can help.

i have a number of guys working for me, some are good at fault finding and some still need the experience.

im looking for a fault finding flow diagrams to lead the less experienced ones down a logical path when looking for faults on not only heating systems but lighting, radial and ring mains etc. We carry out domestic and commercial work only so don't need motors etc.

i have searched for books and also google images but can't track anything down.

has anyone seen anything like this? Boiler manuals have them for internal faults but I've never seen one for general faults.

Thanks in advance

Why don`t you get the good guys to do some for you?

I have just done one myself for fault finding on a one way lighting circuit and it's time consuming and I don't see much point in re inventing the wheel. There must be some out there.

Not sure why you bothered to reply if you couldn't help?

Fault finding...
Know exactly how the faulty circuit is wired, then try and interpret the measurements you've made and symptoms you've observed is the best I can offer.
That, and experience.

Sounds to me like you are paying peanuts and have got monkeys?
If your good guys are really ok then why not pair them up with the ones that need help??? Cost?
At the end of the day what you are asking for can be summed up with the word experience.

Boydy

Sounds to me like you are paying peanuts and have got monkeys?
If your good guys are really ok then why not pair them up with the ones that need help??? Cost?
At the end of the day what you are asking for can be summed up with the word experience.

Boydy
the prize for the best answer goes to you lol:clap:

What was the point in responding like that? We pay £15 per hour for good guys.

some need to learn the ropes like we all had to. Fault finding becomes an instinct from experience and through logic.

i take it you don't run a business otherwise you would know that you don't send two guys out to find a fault.

i have seen the sarcastic responses on here and have wondered what type of person bothers to respond with such pathetic answers. You need to do something more useful with your spate time.

What your asking for would take someone with experience a very long time to produce and get right, tweaking it here and there and as such would be quite valuable and probably locked in a very tough box with barbed wire wraped around it and special search lights trained onto it at all hours....there are probably only two people who know it exists, Bob Hoskins is probably one and the other one goes by the name Tarquin.......hence you wont find a good one on line without the special pass word which was lost last week by Mr Hoskins whilst doging in dingle dell near colchester.

You can find them for motor vehicle fault that are not locked in boxes. Jeez there are some sad characters on here? Does nobody have a life?

What was the point in responding like that? We pay £15 per hour for good guys.

some need to learn the ropes like we all had to. Fault finding becomes an instinct from experience and through logic.

i take it you don't run a business otherwise you would know that you don't send two guys out to find a fault.

i have seen the sarcastic responses on here and have wondered what type of person bothers to respond with such pathetic answers. You need to do something more useful with your spate time.

yep are you sure you dont need two blokes on some faults to find ?? or do you employ mr tickle with big long arms to reset the breaker two floors down then change into ussain bolt to dart upstairs in time for the fault to blow again ?:lol:

joking aside im sure i have seen in the wholesalers a fault finding guides simular to the on site guide, not needed to open it myself though.

Are you for real? A grown man spending his time coming up with pathetic responses to a normal question. You need to get a girlfriend and a life mate

What a load of ****. They produce flow diagrams for all kinds of fault finding in cars, boilers etc. I can see you will be going nowhere in life. Keep working your whole life you silly little person

Reply to Fault finding flow diagrams in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net