Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Filling in switch fuses on a certificate in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. snipersmith87

snipersmith87 Regular EF Member

If a circuit has a switchfuse/isolator.....Do you record that on the cert as a seperate DB??? (Obviously as switch fuse)

2. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

what is it feeding .

3. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

I only tend to enter a switch-fuse if it is a distribution circuit, is it being used to isolate equipment.

• Like Like x 1
  4. snipersmith87

Earlier I had a 3ph 32amp MCB supplying some 32amp commandos with isolators. They'd then tapped off to a 32amp fused isolator. (To supply another commando socket - I presume for local isolation)
    The feed side of this was then supplying a 2w DB supplying a socket off a 16amp MCB. I've recorded the circuit feeding the commandos and then the sub DB.
    But it got me thinking.
    Should you do a separate (DB) on the cert each time the protective device changes????

5. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear still kicking sand, before pushing up daisies . Electrician's Arms

is this existing ?are you doing a eicr.

6. snipersmith87

Yes existing Buzz

7. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

IMHO - Yes

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. snipersmith87

I don't quite get why they didn't just follow suit with the existing interlock sockets. Rather than putting a 32 amp switch fuse??

9. buzzlightyear

I wish people would come clean when asking this forum ,it would help. its like extracting teeth out of some body .

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. snipersmith87

So in my scenario you would have for the 32amp switch fuse interlock??
    ???

11. Murdoch

If I understand your description correctly!

Could you do a sketch of the connections and upload it as a photo?

12. buzzlightyear

possible sub mains ,who knows .

13. snipersmith87

Its not a sub main. It's a fused interlock isolator supplying a 32amp commando socket directly below. A 10mm T and E has been taken out of the supply side to a 2w DB next to it. Main switch and 16amp MCB. This supplies a socket below.

I have recorded on test sheet the circuit supplying commandos and Interlock. The sub main DB supplying socket.

My question is should you record every time the protective device changes.

14. Murdoch

You need to sketch this out, take a photo and upload it!

15. buzzlightyear

when and why ?