Discuss Flash upgrade to Metrel 3125B Eurotest in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

zap

-
Reaction score
Hi Guys, have any of you owners of the above tester encountered issues when flashing the device?
If I hold the up-arrow and light keys down and switch it on it becomes unresponsive and requires a battery removal to switch off.
If I hold the up-arrow and light keys down and plug in the charger it's as above except removing the charger does power it down.
In either case, the initial response is the back light lit, and a black line along the bottom of the display.
When I run the flashme application I get a message, "Operation failed!". I get the same message when the cable is unplugged.
I can transfer to and from the tester via the rs232 cable although I use the USB option generally. The com port is set up as follows:
Bits per second: 115200
Data bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop bits: 1
Flow control: None

Can anyone help me resolve this issue?

Any appreciated...

Hi Zap,

Have you had a word with Metrel? You can contact them on 01924 245 000, but make sure you select option 3. If they are busy, they should get back to you fairly quickly.

test-meter

Thanks TM,
Yes, I've emailed Metrel support but I was a little disappointed with their reponse i.e. not very helpful. Their suggestion is to send it to them for upgrade. Anyway I will speak to them today as my case may be unique. I would have thought they would know the com port settings! I suppose this is not just a turn it off and on again situation.

Thanks again TM,
I've spoken to Metrel Support and although I'll have to send the tester to them I can expect a fast turn-around.
I haven't located any release notes yet but I'm assured that the upgrade only includes new fuse type data.
A tester that has not been updated cannot offer the new fuse types so the pass/fail lights would not be available. No big deal.

Found the release information in appendix A of the manual v1.7.

Last edited:

Reply to Flash upgrade to Metrel 3125B Eurotest in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views
Good evening all Ive got an old truck 1990 that has always had intermittent starting issues whilst ive owned it.. As far as i am aware the...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views
Evening all. I did an EICR recently and then changed a consumer unit. As part of the EICR process I take off around 25% of all accessories to...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock