Discuss flat submains and landlords suuply in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi ya'll

got a query, just questioning my judgemet

been o look at a job were a spark has done a disappearing act and work needs finishing the scenario-

total rewire, new3 phase mains incoming and gas etc

5 storey building
x4 new flats all new installs

by the entrance ground floor x4 submains each has 100a switch fuse cutouts for each flat and a landlords c/u. all fed via 25mm 3 core SWA from DNO 100a cutout in the basement.

my thinking is they should have switch fuses in the basement as its 20+ metres from DNO cutout to the switch fuses?

also the landlords supply has no switch fuse at all, just straight from DNO isolator.

the 2 mini boards are for pump for 2 of the flats

pic

Attachments

• drapery board.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 137
I don't think its the fellas work if I'm right, but yea was thinking that, bit of sleeving.

Anyway those tails from the armoured will get snagged too.

I can't look at that pic any longer.

Thats right or M/C switch fuses bushed directly into the metal trunking eliminating the need for non sheathed armored cable cores

Alright I'll be a brave boy bloody awful rip it out and start again, complete crap

Hi,

I don't know where to start , there is so much wrong with it. As Pete says rip it out, start again and do it right. Trying to put right what is already there will take longer than re-doing the job.

Regards.

Reply to flat submains and landlords suuply in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
I’ve got a job to quote for turning 1 big flat into 2 smaller flats. The DNO are looking at installing new meters in the communal area. I need to...
Replies
Views
When doing an EIC for an additional circuit (which only covers that circuit), does the 'main switch/switch-fuse/circuit-breaker/RCD' section refer...
Replies
Views
Good evening all, So been to an upstairs flat today I East ham, the entire road is terraced 2 storey building which look like a row of terraced...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, I have received conflicting advice about Main Isolator Switches and would appreciate forum member's help to plan a way ahead. Looking to the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 155212
D

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock