Discuss Fluke Networks TS 100 won't turn on in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

mgmine

DIY
Reaction score
I Left the batteries in for an extended time and they corroded the terminals. I tried sanding them clean but it still won't turn on. Any suggestions for troubleshooting it before I tear it apart? Thanks.

A fibreglass pen can sometimes help. Worth a try.

What would I do with it?

Rub it against the corroded contacts. Have a Google - it's a bundle of fibreglass in a holder and is abrasive

Also look to see if there are any PCB tracks corroded where battery leakage has sat for some time.

Reactions: DPG
If there is how would be the best way to clean them?

If there are corroded tracks, they may need repairing e.g. soldering a piece of wire across any break where the copper has been eaten away. You have to check if there is any damage anywhere, and if so, work out the best way of repairing it. You need to be familiar with PCB tracks, solder resist, etc, and soldering - or you could make any damage worse.

Reply to Fluke Networks TS 100 won't turn on in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The MS8268 multimeter has worked fine with no issues, but it's been in a drawer for several months. Batteries had corroded, but the contacts...
Replies
Views
Hello everybody from Germany! I'm feeling sick with this car, it won't start, just very rarely...please help me out. Car: Opel Corsa C 1.2 2003...
Replies
Views
Hi, So I'm trying to understand what's going on with my off-peak electricity supply, as something's wrong with it and I'm trying to determine if...
Replies
Views
Hi all -- full disclosure I am a 'DIY-er' but wanted to post here for greater visibility seeing as I certainly won't be doing this work myself...
Replies
Views
I found myself needing to do some emergency plumbing at home this evening. I've got a small guest flat on my property which has been empty for...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock