Search the forum,

Discuss Fluorescent lights and relays in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi,

I've fitted them before, where this an external light sensor that switches lights off if the ambient light is good; but you can bypass this by switching the lights off/on at the switch. This was done as an energy saving measure, it's not always necessary to have lights on all the time.

Regards.

I worked on a few schools about 3 years ago , where we fitted Pirs through the carbon trust scheme and had to put relays in if there where 6 or more twin florrys in use , also installed relays several years ago to protect the contacts of the switch when switched of due to the back EMF ....

As already said , trace the switch feeds to the relays to where they go to..

Last edited by a moderator:
Specific lighting contactors are good for their ratings..
i.e. A 20 amp lighting contactor is rated to 20 amps for resistive, magnetic and tungsten

To a degree, i doubt they would be vastly different.

Cheers

They can be vastly different, the switching duty will make a big difference, one which can handle heavy inductive loads will cope with a lot more fluorescents than one only rated for resistive/light inductive loads.

They can be vastly different, the switching duty will make a big difference, one which can handle heavy inductive loads will cope with a lot more fluorescents than one only rated for resistive/light inductive loads.

Well the schneider 16amp contactor states 10 x 58w fluorescent, do you have an example?

cheers

Abb do a contactor A26 45amp (high rating than the schneider) with a 25amp CB, and that can handle 35 X 65W. I was referencing a 16 amp, do you have one in mind Dave?

Cheers

Reply to Fluorescent lights and relays in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock