Discuss for cable jointer ,help me to answer this pls in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

poy2525

Hi just wanna ask some question pls answer this if u have an idea

Here's my question for cable jointer

1, when one end of the cables metallic is not to be grounded what would be the risk and what are the precaution required?

2, if a dicision is made not to ground thr metallic screen and steel armour. How would you preapare the cable termination in order to achieve this requirment?

3, what if the terminal box for hv termination is too small what do you do? Pls give me some details

Thnks in advance for answering my question this is important to pls take time to help me thnk u very much

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: help me to answer this pls

Please note the op's location when replying.

1/ circulating currents have to be stopped otherwise heating will occur.

2/ insulate the un-grounded terminations with heat shrink sleeving

3/ total insulation of the conductors and terminations with heat shrink sleeving or use an insulating compound to fill the entire termination box

<EDIT>
Cold shrink can replace heat shrink. I’ve never used it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only need ur help to answer my question if you got any idea to my question doesnt matter if im frm different country pls help on that thnk u

Dillb I left it here to try and give the op a wider audience, I'm very helpful like that:grouphug:

If you are talking about procedures whilst jointing see my replies below.

Hi just wanna ask some question pls answer this if u have an idea

Here's my question for cable jointer

1, when one end of the cables metallic is not to be grounded what would be the risk and what are the precaution required?

Possibility of induced voltage in cable especially on long lengths with energised cables running alongside. Apply bond between all cores, magnetic sheath and earth.

2, if a dicision is made not to ground thr metallic screen and steel armour. How would you preapare the cable termination in order to achieve this requirment?

Immediately before work short to earth to dissipate any stored energy and wear insulated rubber gloves whilst working.

3, what if the terminal box for hv termination is too small what do you do? Pls give me some details

Get the correct one or apply terminal boots

Thnks in advance for answering my question this is important to pls take time to help me thnk u very much

Reply to for cable jointer ,help me to answer this pls in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net