Discuss Free shop business ideas? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

axel132132

Hi

I have been given an opportunity that is too good to miss! its on a busy road, about 10min from town center really but theres not much around it other than HOUSES and pizza shop..

It is a fairly average size shop with a working kitchen, and a flat upstairs been offered it for 300 / month would rent flat out for 300 so would have the shop below for free, its from a mate of mine reason he giving me it so cheap because he dosent want the hastle of anyone not paying etc tec just wants 300 / month so he dosent lose anything means no stress for him. (His wife and sister both have cancer)

What could i really make the shop into seems too good a oppertunity to let go!

I was thinking sandwich shop but they seem like they cost alot to start up =/

Cheers

don't forget to factor in business rates for the shop. they can be a crippler.

He's right with the business rates thing. Especially if it has a lot of glass frontage. Apparently you pay by the amount of shop-front you have.

I was thinking a shop front, but im a bit small time for a shop front for my business surely pretty much new business =[ would have been a great opportunity for Unicorn Shop front / office if i was a bigger company :p!

One of my local electrical contractors now has a shop selling lighting fittings and a few other electrical bits and pieces. I suspect that they pick up work from customers who want things installed.

Beware of the lease - signing a lease on a shop means paying the rent for the term of the lease, whether you occupy it or not!

So if you want to vacate it you need to be at the end of your lease, have deep pockets or get somebody to buy the lease from you!

Reply to Free shop business ideas? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net