Discuss Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net

We have this thread on TilersForums.com and it's just been restarted because the old thread had 20,000 replies and 500,000 views. And there were 700 pages. Started to lag a bit on slow connections.

I think we had a bash of this before, but I can't find the thread, so thought I'd start another one off.

If you have time in the mornings, come post in the thread before you head off to work, let us know what you've got on and what the weather is like in your area etc. Anything at all is fine. :)

Posts and likes get counted towards your total stats in this thread.

So GOOOD MORNING PEOPLE - WEATHER IS NICE TODAY IN STOKE. I'M THANKFUL IT'S FRIDAY, HAD A RUBBISH WEEK. THANK GOD IT'S OVER.

View attachment 53708

Last edited:
All good here! Haven't had chance to make the pizza yet but we are determined to! Maybe try and do it tomorrow afternoon! Forums stop for no one especially @Dan

Morning folks. Living the dream as usual 😂. Geneva last week (expensive place), London this week and home for a week next week.How are you all?
Eyup mate! You actually have a week off?!? Gwan son. Or do you mean just not working away?!

Got up today wanted a bike ride. Daughter ended up going her mates for 9:30 and its raining!

Bike didn't even make it out the shed. Booo

All good here! Haven't had chance to make the pizza yet but we are determined to! Maybe try and do it tomorrow afternoon! Forums stop for no one especially @Dan
I did stick one in from the freezer and me and spud had it and it was bloody lovely. Still not a patch on a homemade one though!

Morning everyone, lots of emails to catch up on today!

Just realised it is Easter this weekend! Anyone going away? If so where to etc??

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen him about.

Awful news yesterday about that bridge wasn't it? Quite shocking to see. You could see the lights go out on the ship and then loads of black smoke just before it crashed into the bridge. I guess there is no chance of stopping a ship that big and heavy in such a short distance.

Yes I saw all the flashing lights, it is surprising how something like that can happen - it looked like a little nudge but those ships are ginormous. Very sad for the families involved.

I suppose ships were smaller in the 70s so the bridge wasn't designed for the force it took.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eyup mate! You actually have a week off?!? Gwan son. Or do you mean just not working away?!
It's an actual week off mate and I can't wait.

Morning all!!

Got some running about to do today - take the mother in law to get the veg for Sunday Dinner and stuff.

Might get some hot cross buns - havent had one in years!!!!

Today should be an easy day. We've finished all the work so just a wander around checking things. Only 1 van allowed on site so need to get that to the car park, sort out everyones tools and then head home. May take the scenic route through Saundersfoot, Wisemans Bridge, Amroth, Pendine and then back on the main roads and M4 back home.

Ooo love them final days. As a tiler it'd be going around everything with a polishing cloth to get grout dust off the tiles.

Don't think breathing that in would have helped my lungs any.

Probably not. Reminds me of when I was night shift maintenance at South Wales Transformers. If the powder coat plant went down we would be in fixing it without masks. I hate to think what I've breathed in 🤢

Sitting at maccies for breakfast. Just paid my CEF bill. Having a quiet day.

Heading up to aviemore tonight…. Still got to pack.
Haha blokes always leave it to the last minute to pack! I start 3 weeks before gathering stuff. @Dan is a last minute guy.

No breakfast yet for me just a mug of tea!

Morning lads and ladies. Hope you're all loving the sunshiiiiiine (oasis).

Had take my 80 year old mate doctors he had tremors. Thank feck its not parkinsons I never even thought it could be that I thought inhalers but it was an antidepressant I convinced him to take over winter but he's alright to come off them now. I think. Ha

Did loads of tests on his steadiness and lateral arm strength and stuff and he seemed to nail all them.

Thus far 2.5 hrs down on messing about with calls and complaints to HMRC!!........

Haha blokes always leave it to the last minute to pack! I start 3 weeks before gathering stuff. @Dan is a last minute guy.

No breakfast yet for me just a mug of tea!
@Lou - I never fully bother unpacking!! I'm like an expectant mother with a series of go-bags. I generally figure on packing for two weeks at a time in between laundry runs on a longer tour and can throw a pack together in literally five mins if needed.

Yes I saw all the flashing lights, it is surprising how something like that can happen - it looked like a little nudge but those ships are ginormous. Very sad for the families involved.

I suppose ships were smaller in the 70s so the bridge wasn't designed for the force it took.
I saw an engineer online do the maths - the ship weighed roughly 200,000 tons and was travelling at about 9mph - that equates to something like 800,000kN of force!!!

Jesus christ no wonder we didn't get the earth slow down a bit! Or speed up. Was it heading east or west? Lol

Reply to Good Morning Thread - Come say good morning, tell us what you've got on today. :) in the The Exchange area at ElectriciansForums.net