Discuss Got 3000 posts or more? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan , putting up a message about the 70% discounts and then making a crack about how it will wind up the under 3000 posters , is not what i would expect from you .
I know i may sound like a old woman over this but as much as i appreciate the hard core old time supporters of this forum should be recognised , this just in my opinion goes to show why this way may not have been the best ?
I will be off now for a bit , as i may well end up with a ban if i carry on !:sad:

3000 really why ???? Why not 10000, or 1999 ? Where is it written that 3000 posts denotes a significant contribution ? Your own post proves the point pick a number, any number it means nothing other than 'someone' has plucked a completely random number and this number is based on what ? Post quality..no..shear guess work !
J

Why not 3000?
Answer my question I asked first ? You can't can you, because you know it's cobblers, so Dan or you answer this one, if I post 2,990 jokes and 10 outstanding post, that's makes me an outstanding contributor does it ? Or does it just mean I am a better comedian than all those real outstanding contributors that only have 2000, or 1000 posts that have really helped electricians ? The problem I have with this, and if you cant and others can't see it I'm amazed, post count is a reflection of quantity NOT quality, it's ill thought out, and silly, want an elitist forum for outstanding contributors..I don't have a problem with that at all, but base it on FACTS not some arbitrary figure picked out like lucky dip on the lotto.j

so there's a 3000+ forum now?.....ah well yet another forum that'll have very little use/point apart from being another local (like the arms) where people can chat freely without too much moderation (for swearing and the like).

Am i bovvered?...nope.....end of the day wether it's 3000+ posts or 1 post i'll still more than appreciate any help/aid/advice anyone will freely offer up to help my life go easier whilst on the job.

Tbh the only reward i need is someone hitting the 'thanks' button IF i've actualy said something sensible/helpful for once....anything else is mere trinkets.

well its had the desired effect,more threads and more posts...theres nothing to whinge about,its another area in a forum, theres others where you have to apply qualify for ,so what...

Oh my, it must be the weekend. I'm a million miles away from the 3000+ whatever you're talking about and I've no intention on doing anything any different just to get access to such an area (reading between the lines).

Here's something for you, every forum has a Mod Zone too. Who's going to start whinging and whining because they can't access to that? lol I bet there are FAR more interesting things posting in there?;)

Chill people and enjoy the weekend :) :thumbsup

Answer my question I asked first ? You can't can you, because you know it's cobblers, so Dan or you answer this one, if I post 2,990 jokes and 10 outstanding post, that's makes me an outstanding contributor does it ? Or does it just mean I am a better comedian than all those real outstanding contributors that only have 2000, or 1000 posts that have really helped electricians ? The problem I have with this, and if you cant and others can't see it I'm amazed, post count is a reflection of quantity NOT quality, it's ill thought out, and silly, want an elitist forum for outstanding contributors..I don't have a problem with that at all, but base it on FACTS not some arbitrary figure picked out like lucky dip on the lotto.j
You asked "Why not 10000, or 1999 ?", well why not 3000? Make it 10000 and very few would qualify at this time, many have made 1000 posts in a couple of months and then given up. As Des joked about we could make a section for those who joined before Dec 2008, to which I replied it was a good idea but there would only be about 4 of us in it.
If you posted 2990 jokes or even 3000 (or any acceptable off-topic post) that would still be a valuable input to the forum. You reckon you've made 1000 "quality posts" but if you want an honest answer, in my opinion your posts are often hostile and rude, hence you having been banned in the past.

I haven't posted 3000 "jokes", I have made 3000 helpful posts and I have shown that I can participate in a forum in an amiable fashion; if you make it to 3000 posts maybe you will have learned something about that by then.

Im totally only saying this for humorous effect but has anyone spotted the ironic theme to this new 3000+ thread lol....

Made me chuckle :) no offense intended Dan :smartass2:

If it's what I'm thinking of it's one of the first things I mentioned. Dan gave me a thanks and a like for it, and he's working on it...

No thats not it .... i use the term Ironic in its full context as i just read your post and yes agree but not my theme

You asked "Why not 10000, or 1999 ?", well why not 3000? Make it 10000 and very few would qualify at this time, many have made 1000 posts in a couple of months and then given up. As Des joked about we could make a section for those who joined before Dec 2008, to which I replied it was a good idea but there would only be about 4 of us in it.
If you posted 2990 jokes or even 3000 (or any acceptable off-topic post) that would still be a valuable input to the forum. You reckon you've made 1000 "quality posts" but if you want an honest answer, in my opinion your posts are often hostile and rude, hence you having been banned in the past.

I haven't posted 3000 "jokes", I have made 3000 helpful posts and I have shown that I can participate in a forum in an amiable fashion; if you make it to 3000 posts maybe you will have learned something about that by then.

where did I say I had contributed "1000 quality posts" Another curve ball, from you, I got banned once, at least I have a pair and tell people that are ****s that they are ****s, 3000 posts or not you have started a personal attack on me,go grow a pair.
Who the hell are you to be analysing my posts ? Are you a mod ? No, just a Brown noser ...

J

Note to self: Must post hello's to ALL new members including the trolls and spammers, must post more worthless posts, must post more posts about something that is nothing, need to get that post count up

No I have a life and engage my brain and decide whether what I post is worth the effort before engaging the keyboard

Is this the beginning of the end may be a new website trollandspamaforum.com will emerge pointing people to sites that want more spam and trolls (posts).

At times it is difficult to separate the chaf from the wheat when reading through the post headers on this forum already. Makes me wonder when Dan asks for more threads and posts has he considered the mods who police the forum in their spare time and the extra work this creates being done for free

As an alternative may be we could have the less than 3000 posts club with those with more excluded

As has been said there is room on this forum for quality, informative and sensible posts and boosting quantity will not help that cause

Last edited:
Note to self: Must post hello's to ALL new members including the trolls and spammers, must post more worthless posts, must post more posts about something that is nothing

No I have a life and engage my brain and decide whether what I post is worth the effort before engaging the keyboard

Is this the beginning of the end may be a new website trollandspamaforum.com will emerge pointing people to sites that want more spam and trolls (posts).

At times it is difficult to separate the chaf from the wheat when reading through the post headers on this forum already. Makes me wonder when Dan asks for more threads and posts has he considered the mods who police the forum in their spare time and the extra work this creates being done for free

As an alternative may be we could have the less than 3000 posts club with those with more excluded

As has been said there is room on this forum for quality, informative and sensible posts and boosting quantity will not help that cause[/QUOTE

Well said ! And guess what 3000 Posts not required !

Yes,after reading the post by ung I tend to agree

I first saw the initiative yesterday,at first it seemed a bit of a novelty and I posted in jest that it could also have a time registered clause as well
Since that time and reading many arguments, saying how devisive it appears, and how it is alienating so many first class members,I am with the opinion that it needs to be knocked on the head

It was probably made with good intentions, but maybe not thought out enough as far as the negative implications

Time for backtracking i would say

So someone who has welcomed 3000+ new members or has contributed 3000+ posts that contain nothing but nonsense now have a new hang out spot? Elitism has found a new definition! This is such a Tory thing to do, and IMHO, it sucks big time :(

I think there are too many getting wound up about all of this. Let's not forget that it's in the forums where the vast amount of knowledge is required. Without members posting in there the forum would be worth absolutely diddly squat, 3000+ post forum or not.

I know it seems like the quality is going down the pan somewhat but it would be so nice to be able to continue learning from the vast amount of knowledge kindly shared by the gods of electrickery.

I cannot see for one minute anyone allowing a forum to be created where members can slate other members, It's not even allowed in the Arms.

From what I can gather the 3000+ forum has been created to encourage regular high posters to post suggestions on how the forum can be improved. The thought behind this being that as they trawl so many threads and post so many replies these are the guys that "should" be seeing most how the forum is performing.

Perhaps it would be a sensible idea to run with the title "3000+" for a short while but allow members that do officially qualify for that forum to send an "Invite request" to the Moderator/Admin team so that they can review making a special allowance for a member that does not currently qualify but who's post contribution is one of superior quality as opposed to quantity?

As I mentioned before, Chill out and enjoy the weekend:thumbsup

Reply to Got 3000 posts or more? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net