Discuss green deal finance interest rates in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

So, based on their figures for a house to use all the energy produced, then base that on a system with no shading and a 4KWP system with an up to date price, then surly that would meet the golden rule, hmmm, so what do you think will happen here then when the salesmen figure that out, if they haven't already...

I think the point is that PV will not need to meet the Golden Rule......because the funding will be the hard sell pv and window company's own in house finance via Barclays or whoever...... which the salesmen will make look a much better deal on paper than the Green Deal....All these companies will need is the Orange Tick on the EPC box...They have no interest in doing Green Deal Plans...It is a means to an end.

And the spin will be...why would you want Green Deal Finance at 7% with an annual fee...when I can offer you unsecured Interest Free Finance...(see earlier post)...

Said it before Green Deal is manna from heaven for these type of companies....because it gives them an amazing government backed opportunity. They will use the Green Deal as a means to sell their own lucrative finance.....and will get many many deals they would not otherwise get...

From door knockers to telecanvassers to living room salesmen phoning their managers to "get your fiance deal approved"....the commissions will come rolling in....

Like an earlier poster said...."I just don't get it"......."But mother...the King is wearing no clothes"

I tweeted to Martin Lewis asking why there hadn't been any analysis and a few hours later he tweeted back saying it was on the website now. Here it is, I'm still wading through it but I've found quite a few mistakes with the calculations £500 saving for solid wall insulation, not £400 as from EST and no allowance for comfort use as Ted identified. I was a bit disappointed really but then I thought if this is the best description so far - and I haven't seen anything explained better yet, then no wonder the householder is totally confused and take up is too slow.

Regardless of whether it can work - it's just too complicated & boring!

The Green Deal Mythbuster - energy saving improvements for no extra cost - Money Saving Expert

Reply to green deal finance interest rates in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net