Discuss guidance required with regards to bathroom light in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

oldtimer

Guys
Did a job today and the customer asked me to look at her light above the shower cubical it was a 180mm flush ES lamp fitting with one of the spring clips burst on it.

Can someone please give me some guidance withe regards what I can replace it with the ceiling hieght is 2400mm so how does this affect zoning ie 2250mm Also the shower cubical does not go up to the ceiling.

I still treat it as zone 1 and go for at least IPX5, if you just get the shower head the wrong way, you hose it down!

If you trawl the screwfix sites etc, you will see light fittings suitable for whatever zone you require, and they are not expensive either. But I am with IQ here, treat it as zone 1.

Cheers......Howard

agrre with both above posts, IP65. better overkill than kill client. (at least till you've been paid)

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys anybody had this before with regards to the flush light the existing one is 180mm OD so is there any fitting or adaptor that would fit this ?

Reply to guidance required with regards to bathroom light in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, have an old bathroom fan. Which has two wires the black and red (line and neutral). The fan has no isolator switch and was powered when the...
Replies
Views
Does bathroom light circuit required to have dedicated circuit or is it ok to be wired to other light circuits? I am getting quotes for...
Replies
Views
My EICR test guy says I need to change my bathroom ceiling light to an IP65 rated. Research says I need an IP44. The lamp is about 2.45m above the...
Replies
Views
Hi I've had an electrician fit a new set of led recessed ceilings lights in my bathroom including one which is in my shower cubical. When he has...
Replies
Views
I design bathrooms and I'm wondering if it's possible to use the same ceiling lights supplied by both a manual switch and a flush ceiling pir...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock