Search the forum,

Discuss Hammer & Shovel Technique in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Heard once about a guy on site who was using the porta loo and got lifted up by the crane and dunked in a lake/pond
He told us he did lose his job as sparked the crane driver out cold.

The old grease trick was another favourite if mine but I loved hiding it on the ceeform/commando plugs

Bloke staggered towards me at college struggling to carry a 2'6" length of 4" steel round bar, called for me to catch as he was dropping it, so I did. As soon as he stood up some b4st4rd welded a length of angle iron across the top of my steelies. Both of them!!!!

Ones I have had done to me
Thick globs of grease under car door handle
General hiding of my tools/steps/materials
Sent for a long stand etc
Been sent to black the scuffs on SWA with boot polish
Spade bit left in the finger of my glove ( never found out who that nasty git was )

Ones i have done to others
Took all tools out of a guys toolbox and replaced them with bricks
Eaten someones snap
Sent the contracts manager to the wholesaler for a female coil and 3 metres of fallopian tube.
Tied someones shoelaces together without them knowing

Ones I have heard of (but might be best not to try)
Tied to a post naked and ******** painted with red lead
Shout "catch", then chuck him a charged capacitor
Fill his toolbox with swarf/silicone sealant/cement
Come up behind a guy whilst knelt second fixing a socket, whop out the tackle over his shoulder and call his name so he turns round and gets a face full
Joiners once got a lippy apprentice and nailed him to the floor for a few hours
I know of a guy that had toolbox filled with cement with all there tools in it.
Couple ive seen

A guy was using people for target practise with plasterboard fixings and a length of conduit.

Always wear a belt, especially when up a pair of steps or they will pull trousers down.

Painting a guys hardhat purple etc

Ive never been caught out by such pranks luckily but I have pulled and seen a few done.

1) A contractor covered my mentors tools in PVA glue so in revenge he dipped his brand spanking new Dewalt drill in PVA glue. (totally knackered it)

2) My 2 apprentices tried to freeze my sarnie, So in revenge for this I spiked the one lads sandwich filler with tobasco sauce and the other (main culprit) I picked the lock on his tool box, Sprayed all his gear with WD40 then tipped loads of dead flys over them (acquired out of the high bay light fittings)

3) Smashing a length of unistrut down on the work bench while the apprentice powers on his circuit.

4) Handing the apprentice the freshly removed plug of a knackered high bay Sodium light (gets a nice blast off the internal capacitor)

Sure ive done lots of other evil things as well but none that spring to mind atm....

Done a few pranks and been pranked a few times,

- Put jack chain on my tradesman van's tow bar and around a steal beam,
- Insulation resistance test to tradesman whilest he's up steps connecting a light,
- Getting 1st year apprentice to try pull a 40m coil of 185mm2 up 3 flights of stairs,
- Swapping people's tools in tool kit with someone else's,
- Asking first year to shout a call point to see if it is working,
- cling filming subby's car
been caught out,

- joiners using nail gun whilst I'm connecting cables in a bus bar! What a bang, s**t me self big time!
- jacket nailed to floor,
- trying to pull a cable through a wall whilest guy I'm working with is holding it on the other side,

A lot more, but those are some of the best. All good laughs, gladly no one took it serious though!

While I was a production manager I had bawled out two of the girls on my shift.

Later I was stood near a stanchion and they approached me, at the last moment they suddenly split up. They had a roll of industrial cling film between them. I was fastened to the stanchion for nearly 2 hrs. The works manager arrived, “who’ve you upset?” He just left me there.

It was the first time I’d ever had to work with females, never again!
Up until then I’d been in quarrying, you hardly ever heard swearing. I’d 10 girls on my shift, to say I was shocked is an understatement.

I did my time in a pharmaceutical factory.

I was physically scared of the bench fitters, fitters, welders, sparks.
You can wear a split lip or black eye as a badge of honour.
The thing that terrified me the most, and thankfully I only saw it happen to someone else, Was an entire shop floor of women shouting and laughing whilst wiggling their pinkies :)

Last edited:

Reply to Hammer & Shovel Technique in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back