Discuss Has anyone used these lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

@tom79bmth, The link you gave just goes to their homepage, not aspecific product.

Leonard, if you replace a standard GU10 halogen dichroic lamp which will be between 25 and 60 degrees with a 4 watt 120 degree LED version I wouldn't be surprised if the customer is disappointed with the result.

Ive used two different GU10 replacements from LEDhut and the customer was very happy with the results.
I used a 4 watt version for the customer toilets as previuosly they had CFL Gu10s on a PIR which meant that the toilet didnt get to full brightness until the person using the toilet had finished their business.

i think the other one I used was the 5 watt version for task lighting, these were much brighter than the GU10 50 watts lamps that they replaced.

@tom79bmth, The link you gave just goes to their homepage, not aspecific product.

Leonard, if you replace a standard GU10 halogen dichroic lamp which will be between 25 and 60 degrees with a 4 watt 120 degree LED version I wouldn't be surprised if the customer is disappointed with the result.
I was referring to normal GU10 halogen bulbs and if you use the above bulb you won't be disappointed with the outcome.
If you want to replace a specific light bulb, they come with different angles and lumen to satisfy your requirements.

I was referring to normal GU10 halogen bulbs and if you use the above bulb you won't be disappointed with the outcome.
If you want to replace a specific light bulb, they come with different angles and lumen to satisfy your requirements.

Agree with Marvo. While an SMD cluster led at 320 lumens may well satisfy for mostly ambient lighting the light output is well below a normal 50 watt halogen. It certainly wouldn't do the job properly for kitchen or task lighting.

There are some good LED units now. Most of them are a bit frustrating with 40deg beams. I like the Ledlite from TLC Direct as you can change the lenses - up to 90 deg.

Ledlite LED Downlights IP66 Fire Rated

Maybe a bit OTT for what you need.

I bought some of the cluster leds that looked like the lamp in the second link. It wasn't those exactly, but when I turned them on I felt like I was in a spaceship!!! It was the most hideous tone of light I have ever known. A La Buck Rogers....!

Have now replaced them with GE Energy Smart leds. They give off a lovely tone and plenty of light and I feel smug when they are on due to the tiny amount of power they chew. I have eight of them in kitchen toilet and bathroom in my gaff. Well pleased with them. They were approx 11 squid each from Rexel Senate about a year ago. There are plenty of great led lamps about now, but also plenty of naff ones too.

11 quid for a light bulb outrageous I remember when you could go into Woolworths get a pack of 10 60W BC bulbs for about 2 quid

Reply to Has anyone used these lights in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net