Discuss Heater elements in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

loplug

-
Reaction score
last week i went to a leisure center to check some heater elements in the spa pumps so i checked the insulation resistance and measured the resistance of the elements and listed these results for the customer. today i got an email forwarded from the customer saying that they need the "element draw figures across the 3phase V/U/M" what does that mean? it is not a term that i am familiar with.

It's not a very good phrase but it's probably referring to the current they draw when they're running.

If you know the resistance and you know the supply voltage and you know the way they're configured then you can work out the load currents on each phase with a pen and paper.

I'm not sure what 'V/U/M' is, is it a multistage heater perhaps?

(note; A pen and paper is something that was fashionable before iphones and apps were invented. ;))

just divide the phase voltage by each resistance and give them the figures in amps for each phase.

Reply to Heater elements in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

This is quite lengthy so get comfy... I had a bizarre call out relating to a job I attended about five years ago. The situation was they were...
Replies
Views
When I joined this forum a decade or so back, there was a discussion going on about a welder that was connected with a 3-core cable to L1, L2 and...
Replies
Views
My five year old Zanussi ZDF26011WA dishwasher is not heating correctly. On the Auto cycle, the water heats to around 38 degrees near the start of...
Replies
Views
Interesting situation has come up. I have a client who rents out portable toilets - higher end ones with proper flushing toilets/urinals that are...
Replies
Views
So for the longest time I had issues in this location while gaming. I am on a second pc build that exhibits the same weirdness that made me...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock